Skip to main content

Gold Nugget Kenworth, where are they all hiding

More
12 years 5 months ago #66218 by Debo
Hi Greenie, Re the two SAR's we used to own the front one of the two and yes it is a VERY original Gold Nugget the only mod is the 18 speed. It was built with a 15 speed and was changed to a spicer i think very early in life which the current owner has got and planned to refit. It was bought new i believe by Bob Ratcliff of Castlemaine and was owned by Inverno's of Koo Wee Rup. I can confidently say that the current owner has every intention of keeping this truck as original.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #66219 by greenie

that sar with the arro on the bonnet left side was douglas from kiama we signwrote it when it was new in wodonga it was a tympat spec not a nugget white interior buds opn the steer 13 overdrive hirerise sleeper john townley brought the mate to it in 1986 at brown and hurley that sar is we think still running around and lives in townseville i have photos of it new day after scrolling it

Very unusual then Crackers, he bought it because the chassis number said it was a Gold Nugget, and he got Kenworth to say " YEP that's one of 'em ".

Possibly Kenworth might have it wrong then ? [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
12 years 5 months ago #66220 by prodrive
I reckon this may be a Gold Nugget...

More
12 years 3 months ago #66221 by Outback Pat
I think this is one, sorry it was a bit to far away for my little camera

12 years 3 months ago #66222 by
I love when those blokes forget to remove the buckets ;D ;D ;D

More
12 years 3 months ago #66223 by Tacho
G'day all,
Hope you all saw in the New Year in style(but safely) and have got your head back together.

For those of us who are not "full bottle" on Kenworths, what spec's make it a Gold Nugget.

Geoff

More
12 years 3 months ago #66224 by RocksnRoses
Maitland Freight, working out of Maitland, SA, had a Gold Nugget and I am fairly sure they are still using it.

RnR.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66225 by greenie

For those of us who are not "full bottle" on Kenworths, what spec's make it a Gold Nugget.

Geoff

Hi Geoff, basically the badge on the dash and the sticker on the bonnet say's it's a Gold Nugget.

They came out as opposition to the Bicentennial Macks, so whatever do-dads that were available as extra's and ya wanted, then they had it.

Don't know if they were assembled any different than what normally went down the line, but they were the flashest KW's around back then.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
12 years 3 months ago #66226 by Acar DC7564
Rnr I reckon your right about Maitland Freight/ Davies, Ive seen that running to Adel. with a tautliner and Golding Industries had and I believe still have one towing cement tankers as well . Ive seen this one in use on road train work recently . Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

More
12 years 3 months ago #66227 by Debo
G'Day Tacho (Geoff), a Gold Nugget Kenworth had a fridge, T/V, extra gauges and shiny bits as well as a custom build plate on the roof console and the decals on the side of the bonnett, i think you also got a coat/jacket not sure what else though. they were however before the Bicentenial Mack's as the Nuggets were all W Model or S.A.R. and they were last built in 1987 when the new T series Kenworth's were released.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds