Skip to main content

McGRATH TRAILERS AND COMPANY HISTORY.

More
11 years 9 months ago #85068 by HORNSBY-AKROYD
HI ALL,
THE WEEKLY-TIMES NEWSPAPER IN VICTORIA IS INTERESTED IN DOING A STORY, ABOUT MY RESEARCH INTO THE McGRATH TRAILER COMPANY IN MELBOURNE, FOR THEIR " THE SHED " THE PAGE AIMED AT RESTORERS, ENTHUSIASTS AND COLLECTORS.
SO I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD PHOTOGRAPHS OF RESTORED McGRATH TRAILERS AND SEMI-TRAILERS, ANY HELP OR LEADS MUCH APPRECIATED.
REGARDS BILL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #85069 by Sarge
Bill,
This one went up for sale about the same day you started this topic, but took me this long to get a photo, can re attend if you need anything else (if its still there)
Would have got a serial number but there is a nasty electric fence.

and this was the tug for a long time....

Truck & Trailer have lived outside since black saturday when their shed vanished in a few minutes along with 100 years of history...

the trailer is for sale, asking $6,000 phone Graham
54437589... but not the Volvo (yet)
Brakes, full air, sliding axle, no sign it has ever been shifted. Deck in excellent nick, straight, neat. 34 feet.

Got a freighter strap to replace it... see For Sale Post

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
11 years 9 months ago #85070 by HORNSBY-AKROYD
HI SARGE,
THANK YOU FOR THAT, THIS IS A VERY INTERESTING TRAILER, AND GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY, DOES THE HUB CAP READ, McGRATH No 1 AUST, IF SO THIS IS THE FIRST ONE OF THESE I HAVE SEEN.
FORGET ABOUT THE ELECTRIC FENCE, IT'S MOST LIKELY TURNED OFF, PLEASE GO BACK AND GET THE TRAILER NUMBER FOR ME.
REGARDS BILL.

More
11 years 9 months ago #85071 by Sarge
Bill, when I took these I zoomed in on what appears to be a sticker or aluminium tag on the top of the leg, crap photo, but is this where the number is???

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
11 years 9 months ago #85072 by John Whale
electric fence turned off where have i heard that before ( i had 5 brothers) gumboots do help sarge good luck cheers whale

More
11 years 9 months ago #85073 by HORNSBY-AKROYD
HI ALL,
THE TRAILER NUMBER COULD BE ON A PLATE ATTACHED TO THE TRAILER, POSSIBLY AT THE BACK END, OR STAMPED INTO THE CHASSIS, MORE DIFFICULT TO FIND AND READ, ALSO SOME TRAILERS HAD THE BUILDERS INITIALS STAMPED INTO THE CHASSIS WHILE THE NUMBER WAS BEING PUT ON, AND THIS IS INTERESTING AND UNIQUE, DON'T FORGET THE NEW McGRATH TRAILERS WERE NOT McGRATH TRAILERS.
REGARDS BILL.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #85074 by
being as tidy as it is, the last rego details may have the ch/no (or build number) as an identifier

More
11 years 9 months ago #85075 by Buc
Sarge ol mate,

Either risk a zap on the jatz crackers :o :o :o :o :o or look fer the gate to get in. ;) ;)

That be unless there be a big alsayshun dog on the tuther side as well. ;D ;D

Or simply ring ol mate and ask if'n he can be tellin the ol HB what the numbers be. :P :P

Regards, Buc. :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #85076 by Mrsmackpaul
Yes Buc went for gun licence years ago and the course man said whats the right to get through the fence and smart ass me said you shouldnt climb through the wires you strech them just go through the gate ;D ;D ;D ;D

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
11 years 9 months ago #85077 by tim
Sarge, I reckon he's getting a bit too far ahead in his thinking here. Keep the whole unit & do a bit of a resto. She'd really look the goods all cleaned up. Both about the right vintage for each other. Cheers Tim.

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds