Skip to main content

McGRATH TRAILERS AND COMPANY HISTORY.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #85048 by bwanainoz

Yes old fulla what you say is so true there is one thing I did notice about 2 of pics one from angle iron and the one that I put up both appear to have same shed in back ground Im sure some one will no were it is.I also recall reading somewhere it was Kurt Johansens son that bought one of those rotinoffs but I might be getting a bit confuzzeled there Im sure someone else will know.

The photo appears to have been taken facing south at the southern end of Railway Terrace Alice Springs just north of the intersection with Stott Terrace. The MacDonnell Ranges in the right hand rear of the photo and the rock outcrop in the left rear matches (to this day) the rock outcrop on the southern side of Stott Terrace near the intersection of Railway Terrace and also Bath Street. Direct descendants of Kurt Johannsen are still in the Territory.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by bwanainoz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #85049 by HORNSBY-AKROYD
HI ALL,
UNDER THIS SUBJECT 48 Bedford HAS SENT IN A PHOTO, WITH IT'S ID PLATE READING " NEW McGRATH "
THESE TRAILERS WERE BUILT BY JOHN McGRATH'S BROTHER, OUT AT GEELONG ROAD, FOOTSCRAY,VICTORIA , THIS COMPANY WAS NOT PART OF THE McGRATH TRAILER EQUIPMENT EMPIRE, AND WAS SHORT LIVED.
I AM STILL HAVING GREAT DIFFICULTY FINDING EX-EMPLOYEES, WHO ARE ALIVE AND KICKING, AND SO FAR I HAVE NOT MANAGED TO TRACK DOWN ANY FAMILY MEMBERS, ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
REGARDS BILL

More
11 years 9 months ago #85050 by 48Bedford

More
11 years 9 months ago #85051 by HORNSBY-AKROYD
HI ALL,
I AM NOW STARTING TO ACQUIRE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS FAMOUS COMPANY, AND HAVE MANGAED TO FIND ONE EX-EMPLOYEE WITH A GOOD RECOLLECTION OF DAYS GONE BY, BUT I STILL NEED PHOTOS OF TRAILERS AND THE COMPANY BASES, ALSO I AM VERY KEEN TO FIND A GOOD PHOTOGRAPH OF THE ONE AND ONLY;

J.J. McGRATH

CHEERS BILL.

More
11 years 9 months ago #85052 by Mrsmackpaul

Heres a picture of J J ?

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
11 years 9 months ago #85053 by mammoth
So there are TWO John McGraths! He makes a feature of importing the chassis rails, but in another advert they are pressing them at Rocklea.

More
11 years 9 months ago #85054 by Dodge fred
Just a thought maybe the baby Quinn got its name from Bill Quinn, one of the names under the Brunswick Rd address in the add above.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 9 months ago #85055 by Swishy
Hope eye'm stihl on topic
4 give me ifn eye'v sinned

Quin = 5
the Quin trailer had 4 wheels n a 5th wheel/ turntable = 5 az in Quin

Wot say U

TruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruckTruck

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 9 months ago #85056 by Mrsmackpaul
it might have been his idea?

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
11 years 9 months ago #85057 by oldfulla
Swishy

I've already claimed that story (Quin = 5) back on page 3.

oldfulla

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds