More
11 years 5 months ago #96802 by Chocs
i was goin back maybe 30 years Raggsie.
I just cant remember it...

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #96803 by Chocs

Been trying to get a shot of that white one with a blue stripe from Koroit, but all the ones that have been into work of late have got Warrnambool on the door :-/
Is that the one your thinking of Chocs ? :-?

You thinkin of Millers??

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 5 months ago #96804 by Sarge
I dont see NQX (North Queensland Express) in our lists, I beleive the ran the same colours and were part of the Fleet Express group. :o
:o

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
11 years 5 months ago #96805 by bigcam
Sarge, NQX was part of Carpentaria Transport, who also owned QRX and Rainbow Furniture Removals and a couple of others I think. Werkhorse can tell you the exact ratio, but it was half owned by TNT.
NQX colours were Blue and White and QRX colours were the same as TNT.
Here is one of my old trucks towing an NQX trailer.

More
11 years 5 months ago #96806 by BK
Fluid Freight (Mayne Nicks tanker div.)

Trust me

More
11 years 5 months ago #96807 by Buc
Top work Trevor ol mate 8-)

Jist goes ta show if'n ya inter gets finished early, ya be hav'in time ta compile a list fer us otha fellas. :D

Need ta be addin Humphries/Humphreys Stock Transport Benalla as someone mentioned it earlier.
Might even include Ricky Ball in that line up as he be cartin stock with Bruce in his 4070 "Blue Mule". :)

Couple extras: Towns Haulage and Jarvis Transport from down Gippsland ways. ;)

Regards, Buc. :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #96808 by olddon
Martin's Overland Transport
Mercury Transport
Sultana Brothers
Jones Brothers Mudgee

More
11 years 5 months ago #96809 by prodrive
so far so goo you guys...
How about we make it MUCH more difficult- see if we can post a pic of anyof those long gone names, each and every one of them..
Now thats a tough ask, eh..? ;) ;)
Cheers
Richard

More
11 years 5 months ago #96810 by inter mission
G,day Fella's some Tpt companies that the old man worked for and with,and some i remember. Albury Border Tpt ,P.E. Power tpt(wagga) WJ &MM Delaney (Billy) Albury. Rayron tpt Dandridge tpt
McLeish tpt. Macintosh tpt. McMillan tpt. Vern Mildren tpt. Pickles tpt. Cooks tpt (Walwa vic) Sprys tpt. Shearers tpt. Flemings tpt. Hayllar tpt. Burkinshaws tpt. Wettens tpt. Doigs tpt. Taylors tpt. W.B Hunter tpt. Cannys carrying co. Mal Bowden tpt(wentworthville). Intermodal. Leitch. Wettenhalls. Cahill tpt. Tradex. Boer Bros tpt. Thorn tpt. Barlow tpt. Cleary tpt. Overend tpt. Verdons tpt. Baxters tpt. Ross Smith tpt. Lucas tpt. Bernie Bott tpt. John L Pierce. Deakin Haulage. Roy Pedemont. Dohertys. Illawarra tpt. Starr tpt. the old man drove for McCormack freight lines ,when they were based in Poochera S.A Hippos,beavers and a flintstone,about 1973. when dad was working for Billy Delaney ,dk green 3070's and a Road Commander ,they subbied for Holdsworth &Quigley who had the most immaculate light blue R-600 Macks ,as a boy mad on trucks those jiggers were unreal! any one got any photos? another bit of trivia, the old man told me,Tympat tpt. tympat stood for Two Young Medical Practitioners Avoiding Tax ! cheers Inter Mission

More
11 years 5 months ago #96811 by ray
Don't forget Frigmobile, they ran a heap of Atkinsons, and not sure if Hendersons from Ballarat are still running.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds