Skip to main content

Hello from Oxford England.

More
14 years 11 months ago #8795 by bparo

Bruce , Mick B owns one and it's in Thomastown in a shed waiting to be restored. Dave

if Mick B is the ex president and vice president it was his that was sold to the bloke in Sydney. Whether it ever actually got delivered to Sydney or not is another issue

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
14 years 11 months ago #8796 by
Replied by on topic Re: Hello from Oxford England.

Bruce , Mick B owns one and it's in Thomastown in a shed waiting to be restored. Dave

if Mick B is the ex president and vice president it was his that was sold to the bloke in Sydney. Whether it ever actually got delivered to Sydney or not is another issue

Sounds interesting. Maybe it will reappear somewhere ?

• Topic Author
14 years 11 months ago #8797 by

Welcome Roland.

I know one of our truck members use to have a air cooled Deutz. I think he has now sold it however. When I get a chance will check and see if I have a photo of it for you.

That truck ended up in Sydney. I can't think of the ne owner's name and it must be over 5 years since I have seen him but he was involved with HCVC and Tempe Bus Museum and lived in the Sydney Suburbs. It didn't look anything like the one above and was nickname the 'ugly duckling' for good reason

Is this what you mean by 'ugly duckling' ?
I did hear there was a Maggie in Auburn/Paramatta region of Sydney some 10-15 years ago.

More
14 years 11 months ago #8798 by bparo
that's the one. The one I saw was a white tipper (Andy!!!) and appeared at the HCVC show in 1999. It was sold to Sydney shortly after.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Topic Author
14 years 11 months ago #8799 by

that's the one. The one I saw was a white tipper (Andy!!!) and appeared at the HCVC show in 1999. It was sold to Sydney shortly after.

Its probably still around then.
Heres a few more pics of similar ones.

Still Ugly ??

More
14 years 11 months ago #8800 by ianoz
HI Roland, Talked to my mate today, HE does not know much about his truck,I showed him a picture of a jupiter from your site but he reckons it is not one. He says the front guards are round and that the headlights are on top of the guards not at the front of them like every one in your photos seem to be. Are you prepared to take a stab at IDing it? He did say though ,that the truck has a big bullbar on it ,so it is possible the lights were moved. It is a primemover so its not a lightweight. What do you reckon guys ,if he doesn't know what it is ,do you think quierosity will get the better of him and he might have to jump on a plane and check it out for himself and see OZ at the same time as a bonus. ian.

• Topic Author
14 years 11 months ago #8801 by
Hi Ian.
I would like to see a pic, but wil have a go at sending some more 'possible' pics later. If its a 'prime mover ' as you say it will be at least a 2 axle 16 ton gross. Watch this space for more pics. I am coming round to the idea of an OZ visit, but t'interweb will have to do at the moment ;)

• Topic Author
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #8802 by
More Pics...
First a Jupiter with sleeper cab.

Then a '53 S6500 (old catalogue pic)

and a '57 Jupiter HD (old catalogue pic)

The '57 has a longer bonnet.
The model names in the '50s got a bit complicated.
Some had Straight 4 & 6, also V6 V8, V10 & V12.
I am trying to get more details but info is a bit thin on the ground

Your mates may have had the lights moved for the RooBar.
I am now going to look for some more pics.
Cheers

More
14 years 11 months ago #8803 by atkipete
Great photos Roland, we had a few of them out here in the 60s with the later more squared off front. The V8 was one of the powerful trucks around in their day.

• Topic Author
14 years 11 months ago #8804 by
Hi Atkipete.
Thanks for your comments. I have collected 100's of photos over the last few years including several of the 'Jupiters' which you are referring to.
Would I be guessing correctly that you are an Atkinson fan ?
If so, I have friend who has just rebuilt an Atkinson Borderer. The one with the timber framed cab.
I've just come in from the Pub, Off to bed..
Cheers.

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds