Skip to main content

Hello from Oxford England.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #8825 by huppypuppy

Hi Roland , If you go by the one on ebay ,the owner says 1964 i think and the compliance part in the photo appears to start with 7 with lots of zeros then a couple of numbers .Mate thinks his started with 6. but going by the rest of his memory of the truck i wouldn't trust it. It Still has the number plates on it but the rego sticker is so old and faded he couldn't read it. hasn't been on the road in years but been used on the property until the late couple of years It may not be buryed in the dirt either as it is in a hay shed so may be loose hay piled up round the wheels .. As for the other post reply when you started the post talking about gps's i assumed your trip would be by road but the idea still worth looking at I dare say swishy could take you to some interesting places .ian.

Ian,

Is this the one:
cgi.ebay.com.au/DEUTZ-prime-mover-V8-air...7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

If so, this one looks like a square nosed Jupiter to me!

Joe
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by huppypuppy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #8826 by ianoz
Yes ,thats the one joe.Interesting hey, Went through once before with no bids .This time he told them its sold before it finished and they keep bid on it and gets up over $5000. My mate showed us a video of his truck,About the only thing he got right about what he told me originally was the headlight position.No wonder roland struggled to come up with an ID . Still dont have a serial number as he forgot to write it down.. ian

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #8827 by huppypuppy

Yes ,thats the one joe.Interesting hey, Went through once before with no bids .This time he told them its sold before it finished and they keep bid on it and gets up over $5000. My mate showed us a video of his truck,About the only thing he got right about what he told me originally was the headlight position.No wonder roland struggled to come up with an ID . Still dont have a serial number as he forgot to write it down.. ian

Ian,

The square bonnet and lines are what gave it away!

Have you got Stories From The Road??? Have a look at the truck at the top of page 43 - that truck is a restored version of this one!

Is that mate of yours Bill Baskett (who owns and is photographed with his Maggie on p. 43 in Stories From The Road) by any chance??? If so, could you get him to contact me when he gets a chance - I would love for his Jupiter to be on my Magirus Deutz truck register!

Joe

PS: I will PM you my contact details!
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by huppypuppy.

• Topic Author
14 years 10 months ago #8828 by
Replied by on topic Re: Hello from Oxford England.
Hi , I am confused :D
Between Ian's mate and Joe we are talking about 2 different trucks aren't we ?

Maggie 1:-
The unusual ebay 'seller' has a Jupiter, thats definite.
Whether it is Sold or what , only he knows ?
Someone could get out their Melway and go to VIC3777 and check him out.

Maggie 2:-
Ians mate with the videocam has been looking at another one, which does not look like the Bill Baskett machine.

Have I got this completely wrong or ? :D

Please confirm Ian.

Cheers :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #8829 by huppypuppy

Hi , I am confused :D
Between Ian's mate and Joe we are talking about 2 different trucks aren't we ?

Maggie 1:-
The unusual ebay 'seller' has a Jupiter, thats definite.
Whether it is Sold or what , only he knows ?
Someone could get out their Melway and go to VIC3777 and check him out.

Maggie 2:-
Ians mate with the videocam has been looking at another one, which does not look like the Bill Baskett machine.

Have I got this completely wrong or ? :D

Please confirm Ian.

Cheers :)

Roland,

That was a question I asked Ian as I wasn't sure if it was Bill or not!

Joe

More
14 years 10 months ago #8830 by ianoz
Hi joe, no not bill baskets deutz .This ones been hiding on a cockies property for a lot of years,ian.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds