Skip to main content

Exploding ACCO

More
11 years 1 month ago #111254 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Exploding ACCO
well I was just looking at a clearing sale site IH header neuss motor less than 1000hrs $2200 sounds like a cheap motor to me I would put up link but don't how thought maybe of some help regards Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111255 by Dodge fan
Replied by Dodge fan on topic Re: Exploding ACCO
How about putting some details up so kleener can check it out paul?
Regards Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute

More
11 years 1 month ago #111256 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Exploding ACCO

well I was just looking at a clearing sale site IH header neuss motor less than 1000hrs $2200 sounds like a cheap motor to me I would put up link but don't how thought maybe of some help regards Paul

If It's a 711 Header? It'll only have the D310 Motor in It!!

The 725 had the D358 im 'em, but were such a POS, I doubt if there are any 725's still alive :-/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #111257 by Bruce99
Replied by Bruce99 on topic Re: Exploding ACCO
Ooops... another page!
I was referring to the piston out option.........

I don't think that's an option.
Sounds like it's got a leg out of bed to me with all that oil under it.

***********&&---Bruce99---&&***********
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Bruce99.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111258 by jchomley
Replied by jchomley on topic Re: Exploding ACCO

Ooops... another page!
I was referring to the piston out option.........

I don't think that's an option.
Sounds like it's got a leg out of bed to me with all that oil under it.

Leg out of bed solution......whack a patch of fibreglass over the hole in the block, IF the crank journal is trashed, put some Devcon on the old bearing shells and clamp it up.......this will only work IF the other bearings are all OK.
Bearing in mind, this whole deal is to simply get the truck home, the cheapest possible way.

Cheers

More
11 years 1 month ago #111259 by old scrapman
Replied by old scrapman on topic Re: Exploding ACCO
That patch up works, early 70s, 400 miles from home in j3 Bedford piston fell to pieces and rod went through block and broke rod bolts,driver tell us Young blokes to get sump of while he hiking back to last town for oil and hose clamps .Two hours later arrive back in taxi and we had sump off with 1/8 ins ,1/15 ins shifters hammer and very large screw driver,cleans sump ,cuts approx 4ins of belt holding strides up and puts around crank journal with hose clips ,sump on ,oil in ,rolled 5ins wad of rag up and hammered into hole ,eased in take manifold back and bocked in take with side of coke can tightened up and off
home .
Found bits of road that was up hill we never noticed before but beat hitching home and coming back with another truck to tow home.
Peter

More
11 years 1 month ago #111260 by kleener
Replied by kleener on topic Re: Exploding ACCO
Thanks Jack, once did something similar with a marinised 6 pot ford that shat itself off the coast of New Britain. working on a diesel in the hold of a converted prawn trawler in equatorial conditions was not something I expected on my holiday!. In this case when number 4 went sideways it also took a lump of block with it, and while I shut things down on a still running motor, me thinks it won't ever run again :)

Broken down farmer
CW41 Tipper, Cw41 Beavertail, Cw41 8 wheeler, CWA45 + Dog + Tag, Volvo F724, Mercedes 1424 Tautliner, CK Single Drive Prime Mover. 1982 Hino Bus converted to motorhome.
I am a masochist.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111261 by kleener
Replied by kleener on topic Re: Exploding ACCO
Have has a few nibbles on some adds I have put around. can get a 6354 for 2500, and am negotiating on a whole truck with a good motor and dead cab that I may be able to get as a swap for a 4x4

Broken down farmer
CW41 Tipper, Cw41 Beavertail, Cw41 8 wheeler, CWA45 + Dog + Tag, Volvo F724, Mercedes 1424 Tautliner, CK Single Drive Prime Mover. 1982 Hino Bus converted to motorhome.
I am a masochist.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111262 by old scrapman
Replied by old scrapman on topic Re: Exploding ACCO
kleener
Keep asking mate youl get a win in budget.
Peter

More
11 years 1 month ago #111263 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Exploding ACCO

How about putting some details up so kleener can check it out paul?
Regards Billy 8-)

shall do www.clearingsales.com.au it's a SP 725 IH about a quarter the way down the page and I lied it's $2500 including GST The way I figure drive to the nearest scrap yard unplug motor sling it in back of ute sell header pays for fuel money drive to truck unplug truck motor plug in header motor turn key sounds so simple :) but all smart arsing coments aside something like this is a cheap repair bill and a whole heap of adventure to boot and if you get stuck help is only a keyboard away :D :D :D

and look at that a link thing'o' magically appeared hope this is of some help Paul :)

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds