3 years 2 weeks ago #220596 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic WheremEye
Wills development Road crossing the Leichhardt

Many useful things fall off trucks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220599 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic WheremEye
Homing in fast now, but not quite there yet.
Great entries, just not the right ones. What seems like a huge distance in Victoria is simply local travel in Queensland.
The two endpoints are quite clear locations on Qld maps.
I have had to do a map check to see who is the closest so far. Mairjimmy and Dodgeydude are leading the field.
I won't go for new clues. The winner can then go for a Darwin stubbie instead of a southern-states one.
Roderick

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220613 by Roderick Smith
The watercourse isn't Coopers Creek.

Getting any one of the pieces will result in the others coming fast:
Town A (one endpoint)
Town B (the other endpoint
The name of the river
The name of the road
The state route number of the road
Roderick

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220614 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic WheremEye
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/Australian_Route_52.svg

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #220622 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic WheremEye
Road south out of Hughenden to Winton route No 62 Kennedy Development Rd

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Mairjimmy. Reason: Add a words

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220624 by Roderick Smith
We're onto three out of five. Winton, 62, Kennedy Developmentm but not Hugenden - Winton. However, getting the other town and the river will determine the winner.
Roderick

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220627 by Mairjimmy
Diamantina river Winton Boulia rd

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220628 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic WheremEye
longest river in Qld, The Flinders

Many useful things fall off trucks

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220633 by Roderick Smith
We're there, and nobody overtook Mairjimmy unfairly. The sign was 'Diamantina Causeway'. I was returning from Cloncurry, varying the route from the northbound one, and so via Boulia.
It never occurred to me to squeeze Birdsville into the program, but my holiday time was finite, and I had a railway event to chase in Winton.
IIRC we had overnighted in Boulia, and left with a full tank, expecting 360 km to the next petrol. There is a pub at Middleton, half way. I guess that it sells petrol. That didn't show on my map at the time, and I didn't stop to photograph it. That is the the last vestige of a hamlet which grew around a Cobb & Co staging post. I have been on a few development roads over a few holidays. On one I was worried by the rain, and the road surface turning to glue, but was reassured by two sets of recent tyre tracks ahead of me. Then the marks showed that it was the one vehicle, which had made a three-point turn and headed back. I did the same, and went the long way around, on surfaced main roads.
I wrote a biography for a hotel book once. Diamantina, Lady Bowen (nee Roma), was the wife of Queensland's first colonial governor. Both were ideal for the role, and many landmarks have been named after them. IIRC later postings were Victoria and NZ. In turn, assorted river and naval vessels have been named after the river which carried her name. Decommissioned HMAS Diamantina is the centrepiece of Queensland Maritime Museum.
The 'highway' label seems to be a marketing term, as this segment forms part of a Winton to Laverton adventure drive, incorporating many sectors and many names (including the legendary Gunbarrel Hwy).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outback_Highway

I did warn that I regarded this one as severe challenge, but it didn't stall, and the entries did match the available clues.

Mairjimmy should aim for a Darwin stubbie for that achievement before winkling out the next challenge.

Roderick

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #220637 by Mairjimmy

No Darwin stubbie Rodrick but a couple of Northen can did hit the spot

Maybe to easy but it has a trucking theme

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.646 seconds