Skip to main content

Brambles Long Distance

More
10 years 10 months ago #118530 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
OK, it appears that the subject by line of this post has gone horribly haywire, so-o-o-o, seeing it's all out of kilter. All this talk about the Ettamogah pubs, let's see if anybody has actually been into the one up at Palmwoods, up near the North Coast from Brisbane.

Who then can tell me, what the dunny door handles are made out off and what do they look like, or, what shape are they made to represent?

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

ps - anyone want to know about 'Shambles' heavy haulage at all?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #118531 by
Replied by on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
Sorry Greenie
I'd love to here about Shambles. I worked at Port Kembla yard in the 70's Shambles sums it up....

10 years 10 months ago #118532 by
Replied by on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
....have a look at that bloody pic that bigcam put up .. there is the ''so called'' Ettamogah pub.......and not an Aussie car in sight :'( :'( :'( ::) ::) ::)

More
10 years 10 months ago #118533 by Tired Iron
Yeah, go Greenie :) :) :) :) :) :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #118534 by old scrapman
Yes please Greenie.
Re building the pub out of square easily would depend on how much fizz.
Peter

More
10 years 10 months ago #118535 by greenie
Hmm, does not look like anybody has visited that pub at Palmview then, either that, or, their staying real quite about the visit, eh.

Now the mens dunny door downstairs at the bar is a classic, the way into the dunny is just a swing inwards door, made from rough hewn timber to give it that rustic look, only has a brass plate attached on the entrance side for you to give it a push inwards.

Now, once the job's done, you need to get out of there fast, as the perfume aint the greatest in there, then, well now
it's another matter entirely.

You go to grab the door handle to escape, WHOA, what's this, eh.

The handle has been carved out of the same rough hewn timber as the door, but it's what it's been carved into, that makes your hand just 'recoil' back to your side. WOW, SHOCK, HORROR.

I aint gunna be touching "that" thing.

Sheesh, if I don't grab it, then I'm trapped in here for a while, what a predicament to be put in.

I reckon that the owners of this joint, might just have hidden a camera, pointed at the faces of the subjects as they want to get out, if that was the case, then the home videos would be better than what you would ever see on the TV.

This door handle was about 15 inches long and about a bloody good hand size around of a
?

The handle was carved, as a very large one of these-- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallic,-- a quick look around and all the inside dunny doors, had these very same carved handles.

Ah well, the perfume soon kicks into gear and your nostrils say MOVE IT STUPID, s-o-o, out the door real quick.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118536 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
LOL, wonder what they got in the ladies then?

More
10 years 10 months ago #118537 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
Not sure whether this is the right place for this question? :-/

Does anyone have any information about a company called Brambles?

i think they may have had a few reddy orange colored trucks running around at one stage?

I did hear that they may have carted timber beams for the old crooked pub, up north of Albury..

A mate of mine drove for them before he drove coaches..
lives in Queensland now somewhere i believe,,

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 10 months ago #118538 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance

LOL, wonder what they got in the ladies then?

I think that was the ladies Camsta! lol

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 10 months ago #118539 by greenie
Yeh, tried to keep it a bit above board, but it went so far sideways, it had to be answered.

ps - it weren't for the ladies, they were positioned too far up the door for them, don't ever remember seeing a trough along the wall in a ladies room, had to clean a few as punishment, when in the army.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds