Skip to main content

Brambles Long Distance

More
10 years 10 months ago #118560 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
Second instalment.

I'm now into Sarina and there's two ways to get to Rocky, straight down the highway with about 80 kays of REAL rough dirt road, or up over the hill at Sarina and use the sealed inland track, being empty that was a no-brainer and headed for the hills.
Climbing this rather steep little hill, just south of Sarina, which had lot's of blind corners, this 'goat track' was laid out for horses and nobody had ever improved it over the decades. A ute comes up behind me and tries to get his nose around me, no way, not on this hill, so every time he tried it, I would wander out wide and block his stupid antics, didn't want to be involved in another indecent, eh.

Over the top of the hill and the road is still a bit twisty and weavy, still got this joker in the ute trying to do stupid things where they just weren't safe, must have blocked him a half a dozen times and he's getting real testy, shaking his fist at his windscreen, me i'm flipping' the bird back to him and come up over this rise and I knew that there is a long straight bit of road ahead.
Look down the road where there is a wide bridge and can see a council worker on a tractor slashing the grass on my side of the road, he's fast approaching the bridge, about now, I'm starting to slow down. Don't know what this tractor dude is going to do, the clown behind me in the ute, aint seen the tractor at all and now it's all go for him, and he's out alongside the rear wheels of the trailer and coming fast.

What happened next, you only ever see in cartoons, the jerk on the tractor suddenly starts to swing on the wheel for a full right lock, he must have give it three good full turns, eh, he never even looked, to see if something was coming from behind, so I just lock everything up and they're all smoking.

Turkey in the ute by now must think I'm stupid, so he just keeps coming around me.

Tractor dives across the road in front of me and I barley miss the slasher on behind the tractor, the dude in the ute now has a ton of tractor directly in front of him and he's really going for it, whoooooops, lock up big time is required about now, and he barely misses the slasher as well, then he guns it and roars of into the distance thinking that EVERYBODY is out to kill him.

The tractor now has gone straight over the side of the road, and down into the dirt, nose first, the driver is thrown over the wheel and slams onto the bonnet of the tractor, steam is appearing from the tractor and the driver uncoils himself and starts shaking his fist at me.

By now, I'm getting mobile again and be blowed if I'm going back to a argue with that idiot.

Ah $hite, now I got to fill out another lot of forms when I get home, 'cause that council idiot has had a good look at the truck and it was easily identifiable.

[smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118561 by greenie
third instalment.

Eventually get into Rocky and make the phone call to the depot, I'm told to go around to Hasting Deering and P/U the 3 row of 8 steerable junker, that another driver had left there, he didn't need it for his next job, and I was the first person going south that could retrieve it.

Get this lot on board and now I'm a wide load, it's late afternoon and the Raglan pub, up on the hill, is looking real good for a feed and camp tonight.
Made it to Raglan before dark and pulled up as far off the road as I could, because it's a popular area for trucks and lots of fridge trailers use it for a camping spot as well, so back up into the grass, which will make any fridge pull up in front of me now, not too much noise from their bleeding' noisy rowdy motors doing it like this.

Had a feed and a couple of barbwire sandwiches, it's about 8 PM and I head back for a good sleep, drop the head and am asleep real quick.

There is this almighty bang and the truck is rocking from side to side real bad, W.T.F. heads up and look forward, all black out there so switch on the headlights, nope nothing, switch on the loading lights, eh, a bleedin' car is wedged in under the right side of the low loader, his left hand headlight is all smashed and his bonnet aint too flash either. Pull some britches on and get out with the torch in my left hand and a hammer in my right hand.
Two dudes are with this car, the passenger is out surveying the damage and the driver is still in the drivers seat. The driver spots me coming with the hammer and starts yelling for his mate to get back in the car, he's revving the motor so bad, it sounded like it was about to disintegrate, buddy jumps back in, the driver reverses the car spinning his wheels in the dirt, then once he's out from under the trailer, he does a right hand turn and drives forward at me. I go in under the neck of the low loader as he goes past me and last I saw of him, he was screaming of down the highway heading south, with heaps of steam and a good rattling noise coming from under the bonnet.

By now all thoughts of sleep are gone, start looking around to try and work out how he got where he did. Tracks are leading thru the grass, right back up towards the driveway coming down the hill from the pub, I can only hazard a guess, that he came down that hill a tad too quick, and I just happened to be in his way.

Eventually got back to Brisbane without any further ado, headed to the office, and ask for the accident/incident forms.
Was handed the first set of forms to fill out, filled that lot out, then asked for another set of forms, was then asked - " what's wrong, did you mess that first lot up ", - " nope, just need another set ", by now, all who are in the office have heard this and are getting interested in these proceedings. Fill out the second lot and then ask for another lot of forms, you could see the puzzled looks on all the faces by now, so I'm asked to hand over what I had already filled out, swapped that lot for the next lot of forms and proceed to fill that lot out as well. Now the fellas in the office have started to read about these goings on and are having a real good laugh at my expense, when the General Manager walked in, he noticed that they were crowded around this one desk, so, he goes for a look see too.

After reading these forms he looks me in straight the eye and asks, " how long since you had any holidays ", Oh, about 18 months ago ---- as it's been a bit busy at work.

GM looks over to the accountant who's laughing away at my expense, he orders him to make me pay up, as I've now got 3 weeks holiday, starting right now. That took the smile of his dial, as he's now got a tad of paperwork to do himself.

Rough way to get holidays, but hey, I wasn't gunna complain.

About 3 months later I was over in the West and rung up S.W.M.B.O., to see if she had killed the kids yet, I get a NOPE, NOT YET, but, there is this official letter here for me, what does she want me to do with it.

"Open it you fool", so she does and then informs me it's from the Sarge up at Sarina with an apology and that next time I'm up there, please call in and have a chat with him.

Must have been about another month before I got back up there, I duly called in and had a good conversation with him.
The young plod that had threatened to have me summonsed, was no longer at that station, he'd been shipped of to a more remote location, where hopefully, he could do very little damage, he apologised to me for young plods 'abuse of powers' and explained to me that it was young plods mate, that was driving that LTD.
This fruit loop from the LTD, well he was due to appear in the Sarina court soon, on charges of driving with undue care and attention and a couple of other bits the Sarge could think of, oh goody.

Big relief and lots of hand shaking as I went out that door, and headed north a whole lot happier.

So, it don't matter how good a driver "you reckon you are", some Ar$e#ole is going to come along, sometime, somewhere AND SPOIL YOUR DAY, BIG TIME.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
10 years 10 months ago #118562 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
"Thanks Greenie" I said, "great yarn!" as I wiped the tears from my eyes! ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #118563 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
What a great bunch of stories Greenie, too good to leave on the forum. Maybe put them together in a book sometime, a bit like Ray Gilleland did, especially as you have a talent for writing. Cheers
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Tacho.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118564 by greenie
Here's something that opened my eyes up

Delivered a bit of machinery to Canberra, then had to get back to Sydney, to pick up another piece of machinery that had to go north.

Got into Sydney about 9.00AM, the peak hour rush was just getting a bit thinner, not much, just a tad.

Up the Hume just past Cabramatta and swing left into The Horsley Drive.

The Horsley is at a stand still, as I get up onto the rail overpass near Fairfield, takes quite a while, to even get up to the intersection that you had to turn right at, to continue along The Horsley.
As I came around that last left turn, you could see down Nelson St into the shopping centre of Fairfield, there were two lanes, centre and right, to turn right at, to continue along The Horsley, and the left lane was to go straight ahead.
OK, can now see the reason for the big hold-up, a car was broken down in the right turn lane, up at the stop line next to the traffic lights and closest to the centre medium strip, so, traffic had to fight to get back into the centre lane, to continue on The Horsley.

Not much traffic was managing to turn right at each light change either.

The owner of this car, seemed to have abandoned it and nobody was near it at all, the bonnet had been thrown up, just to give some idea that it was immobile.
Just in case nobody had noticed it was stopped and going nowhere, eh.

It was just one "hell of a nuisance", being left where it was, the owner could have at least pushed it out of the way, but nope, it was a deserted vehicle, blocking that outside right turn lane and boy-o-boy, was it pissing everybody off.

Now there was a semi tipper about 15 cars ahead of me, and what he did, had to be seen to be believed. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

This tipper eventually gets up along side this car, from where I was sitting, I reckoned he was far too close and might have scratched this car.

But what the tipper driver had in mind, was a bit more than a scratch, he was up along side the car with the prime mover, now, when he got the green, he just turned the wheel full lock to the right and took off.

Now the right hand side and chassis rails of the tipper, sidled up to the car, then proceeded to shunt the car into the centre medium strip concrete, the car just goes side ways, as the window glass starts to pop from the windows, because this tipper was leaning on it real hard. About at this point, the right hand wheels hit the concrete in the centre of the road, then they start to buckle up in under the car, as the pressure that the tipper was applying, was a tad more, than whatever the vehicle was made to withstand.

He's now got this car trapped, with no further sideways sliding, so, as the tipper keeps going, the right hand side tri axle wheels on the empty tipper, start to climb up onto the boot of this car, the boot didn't appreciated all this extra weight at all and it caved in.
The tri group just kept going up and onto the roof of the car and then proceeded down onto the bonnet, busting the rear window and the front windscreen, as they rolled over the car and flattened the whole lot as it went over the car.

Suppose you've seen those large wheeled crazy vehicles on TV, doing roundy rounders and smashing up vehicles by driving all over them, yep, better believe what you see then, as this was way before any of them jiggers had ever been thought of.

Now, when that tri axle eventually hit the ground again, that car was ready for the scrap yard, no self respecting chop shop, would have even looked at repairing this hunk-o-junk.

Not a soul even blew their horn, or got out of their car to yell at the truckie, or do anything other than stare at what was happening, a couple of drivers in some of the cars ahead of me, I actually saw them take their hands from the wheel and they started to clap at this spectacle, it was an unbelievable sight.

When I eventually get up alongside this crushed wreck, I thought I better take it a bit wider, didn't want to do any more damage, eh. [ch65532] [ch65532] [ch65532] ;D

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif][ch65532]

More
10 years 10 months ago #118565 by werkhorse

What a great bunch of stories Greenie, too good to leave on the forum. Maybe put them together in a book sometime, a bit like Ray Gilleland did, especially as you have a talent for writing. Cheers

Yeah I can see book all over this thread....need a hand to get started just give me a yell... Be a pleasure to see this get printed

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
10 years 10 months ago #118566 by greenie
Hmm, nobodies screaming at me to quit yet, so, you lot can suffer once again. ::)

Heading down to Sydney using the New England, with another 'bit-o-lard' onboard, stopped for the evening and phoned in to report where I was at, then, I had a rather unusual request from the head office back in Bris.

It was to meet up with another driver, Bobby Gordon, yep the "Ferrets" son in law, he might need a tug up over a steep bit of road he had to use.

From memory, grey cells are diminishing fast around here, this was to happen out around Kurri Kurri somewhere.

Had to drop my lot, by the side of the road and scarper across to meet up with him bob tail.

He had to go via the roads, his permits told him to use.

This put Bob in a bit of a quandary, as there was a low, overhead mine site haul road bridge to contend with, the mine plant, was one side of the road, with the pit on the other side of the road.
But, there was a way around this low bridge, it required you to turn of the main road and go into this mine site, then get up onto the haul road, cross over the main highway and a couple of clicks later, you were able to drive back down to the highway and continue heading north.

Getting up onto the haul road was the steep bit, so, had to meet up with Bob at a pre-arranged point, then follow Bob to this place, if he needed a hand, up front with a chain and snig him over that steep bit, yep, should work OK.

Meet up with Bob at the appointed place, he's got a Mack Superliner, 2 x 8 dolly and 4 x 8 Drake swingwing and this extremely large bucket for a dragline, meant for a mine, way up in the central Qld coal fields. This dragline bucket was loaded upside down on the 4 x 8, the big arch was down in-between the back of the dolly and the bottom bit of the neck of the 4 x 8, this was the normal way of loading these big buckets, it kept the height down to manageable level.

He tells me to follow him and if needed, yeh, heard that all before, so we set of.

Now the height of this bucket, it's still poking a fair way up into the air, it sort of grabs all that air and send's it downwards. The area for all this wind to escape too, is lot smaller than what's being packed into this big scoop.
In short, it's compressing air and blowing it out of the gaps in the 4 x 8 and the open sides down onto the road, it looked something like a busted up air compressor hose, shooting great clouds of dust and small stones out into the grass on the left, or, out to the right, it must be like a sandblaster, as this rush of air sweept clean the bitumen road.

Travelling at about 80 lays on a down hill run when Bob gets on the company radio and say's - " just watch this fella on the pushbike ", - " eh, I can't see anybody on a bike", as he's sort of hidden away by the width of this bucket.
When this 'dude' does come into view, Bob is very close to him and going at a good clip, all the rubbish down at the left hand side is being blown around, like it's in a hurricane, shite everywhere.

Bob is now fast approaching this bloke and I think, what's there to look at here, got me beat.

Then it happened, :o :o :o :o :o :o
as Bob went swishing by,
the wind hooked onto the wheels of this bike and flicked that bike sideways,
way out into the grass,
the rider is now doing cartwheels and then forward rolls in the gravel as I shoot past him.

Cant stop,
got to keep up with Bob, last I saw in the mirror, was he had stopped rolling and was trying to get up, then I'm around the next corner and lost sight of him.

Yell at Bob, over the company two way, - " do you know what you just did to that poor innocent cyclist ", he answers with a chuckle, - " yep, another satisfied customer ", - "what-?, you done that before ?", - "yeh a few times".

Hmm,
and I thought I was the only one who worked there, that had a warped sense of humour . ;D ;D ;D

here's a few shots, taken from over the wheel, while travelling, tsk, tsk, eh.

here's where he had to go into the mine site.

you got to look real close, but you might see Bob going over the highway, whilst using the haul road.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118567 by greenie
I'm on a mission now, :D just watch this space.

Given a job to go pick up a bit of an old tank, it's a half fuel tank I'm informed, I'm to get one half, 'Nifty ", Neville Freshney, will get the other half.
Now Nifty aint no oil painting either, about five foot six and about fifty pounds dripping wet, as well as being a Chad Morgan look-a-like, all in all, a bloody great bloke to travel with, as you never knew what he would get up too, then again, whatever it was, it was going to be entertaining.

This tank is bound for Gladstone, some one had bought it real cheap, so he had it cut in half and had to get it transported to Gladstone.

Drive around to the joint and have a look at what I've got to P/U. hmmmm, this sure is a tad oversize, eh.

The 'sparky' had just finished cutting it half just before Nifty arrived,the top piece had been picked up and dropped off to one side, that left the base out on it's own.

Nifty was there first, so the crane-driver asks him which bit he wants, top or the bottom, Nifty choose the bottom, as it's at least got a flat base on it, he reckoned it should be OK, sitting flat on the float like that. He gets loaded and pulls out of the way, my turn now.
The sparky had to add a few lifting lugs to this top portion, for the crane to get it up, so he's still hanging around here and after the top is on me, I get him to weld some more lugs inside this half, so as I can keep it from sliding off the float, he agrees and goes to it, when he''s finished, all's good to tie this thing down tight, so it can not move.

We both needed a pilot and a Mr Plod for these loads, you aren't meant to travel in convoy either, when you got a big one on, so Nifty asks, - " is all OK ", I say, - "' yep ", and Nifty does the bolt. I'm about 15 later than him when I take off, literally, not much weight in this thing at all, this is going to be one quick trip, just got to watch the width.

I keep heading north without knowing WHAT Nifty is getting up to, I hear ALL about it the next day, when we get these bits removed.

Appears the bit Nifty had picked on, DID NOT stay still on the float at all, he really had no real way of tying it down, he didn't get the sparky to add a couple of lugs to the side, he tried to hold onto it with the hooks of the chains, just hooked over the edge of the top of the rim of this sloppy bit of steel.

So as he's hooking in, the chains came loose and that base bit, started to do a merry dance around on the float, what to do, he's up near Cooroy when this happens.
Heading up the hill towards the 'timber mill' up top of this hill, he swings in, knowing they got a 20 ton fork lift in there, gets them to re-arrange and fix up what's gone wrong, then gets the fitter in there, to blow a couple of holes in this thing, his words
" it didn't move again,-- at all ".

This all takes time and now he is behind me, away he goes again, it's getting time to put the feed bag on, Gunalda pub is just up the road, that'll do, swings of the highway and proceeds to stop outside the pub. Mr Plod had to come back, as he didn't have a CB, all's well, they have their feed and then Mr Plod announces to Nifty, - " it's my time to drive that jigger ", - " no way hozay ", - --as this is a bit of a no-no.

Nifty heads for the trough, beers working well, whilst he's in the toot, he hears the Road Boss fire up, you can't miss it, they all got an air start, he reckoned he never even tucked it in, just sprinted out the front door in time to see Mr Plod departing the scenery. The pilot had heard and seen what was going down and thought $hit, I got to get up front of that truck,
no matter who's driving it.

Nifty looked around for a set of wheels to get him up to that crazy Mr Plod and get his butt out'a that seat.

Plods car, ah well, whatever, it will have to do.

Now Nifty is wearing one of those checkered flannel shirts, red in colour actually, when he gets going, he twigs Plods hat is on the seat, so he grabs it and whacks it on skull, now Plods head size must have been about a 20, Nifty's head size, about a 5, that hat fell onto his head and nearly covered his vision,
it was that big.

Just north of this little town of Gunalda is an uphill run, it was very narrow and weaving bit of road, it's a bit dangerous when your going up there, as your never sure, if a south bound trailer is hooking into it, coming of that hill.

That's one of the main reasons Mr Plod is along for this journey, he was meant to beat the pilot and truck up and over this hill, stop all the traffic way over on the north side.

Not today Josephine, Plods got his 'dot' in the Road Boss, so Nifty catches up with them, just before the start of the uphill climb and somehow he managed to get around the load and pilot.
He whips of up over the top of the hill and out onto the other side, phew, at least no cars or trucks on that single lane bit of crud road behind him.

He pulls Plod's car up in the middle of the road, hops out with Plods lid hanging way down over his ears and wearing this red shirt, he holds his hand up, to stop a tray truck with a full load of bees on board.

The driver of this truck stops and just stares at this weird apparition in front of him, he can't quite believe what he's looking at, nope, this aint no real Plod, so he kicks it into gear and starts driving again, Nifty yells there a big wide load coming, he goes past and yells out the window at Nifty,- " get $tuffed ". No way can Nifty make this moron stop, so mr bee moron heads of up the hill and gets right up to the top, then spots this wide load coming, only got a very limited space up the top bit of the hill, not quite enough for the bees and the load.

Something had to give, yep the bees lost that argument real fast, had about a third of the load of bee boxes, spread out all over the road now.

Care to guess what sort of mood these bees were in, after hitting the ground and having their homes smashed to bits.

Both drivers can only wind up their windows and watch this very, very, very large swarm of very, very angry bees, trying to get at anything at all, that dares to move.

Impasse
for about 15 minutes while these crazy bees kind of wore themselves out from buzzing around, and only then, did the bee-keeper get all dressed up, while he's in the front seat of the truck too, before he was game enough, to get out of the truck and fire up the smoking gear, and try to rectify this lot.

Nifty lost over another hour there, he at least got the hot seat back, after Plods fiasco.

Laughed about this lot for quite a while, even Nifty would trot it out, if anybody wanted to listen to this sorry tale, it would cost them beer though.

front view

rear view

More
10 years 10 months ago #118568 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Brambles Long Distance
Bl00dy hell Greenie, the old Heritage Hauler is going to be chocka for a year!

Keep em coming mate.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118569 by greenie
I still often think about all this -

Went around to Richlands to pick up this RFW truck, it had been used as a Ground Reading unit for an oil exploration company, they sent out a series of trucks to an area that looked like it might have oil, then about 4 or 5 trucks, that had these big plates attached underneath, would lower this plate to the ground and then these plates would be subject to hydraulic shock waves, this sent the shock waves down through the ground. The truck that I was picking up, was the Electrical unit, that picked up these shock waves, then converted them onto a paper graph, which would show if oil was present or not.

Tried starting this thing and no way did it want to start, so sent a message back to the depot and a couple of helpers were duly despatched with a battery and some fuel.

Whilst waiting for them to arrive, the blokes who worked at this holding yard, were telling me about this particular vehicle.
The reason it was at this yard, was that at another place where it had been stored, some 'turkeys' had swapped out the good 8V71 GM motor, for a bit of a worn out dud 8V71 GM, that's the reason it would not start and why it was around at this particular yard.

The owners of the RFW reckoned that the blokes working at that first yard, were a bit dishonest !

OK, the two helpers arrive and we get at it again, new battery and a bit of clean fuel all pressured up again and we hit the go button, motor screamed to life and just kept screaming it's head off, like about 3500/45000 revs, or even more.
Whoops, something is about to go bang here, so the mechanic just pulls of the fuel line to slow it down, that's how the RFW was eventually loaded, fuel connected, fuel disconnected. Slow, dangerous, but the only way that was available right there and then.

Once loaded, the two helpers departed and I start to chain the RFW down, when the these two local lads appear again and this time they start to tell me a good tale.

This RFW Electric truck had a couple of cables about 5 metres long and about about 150mm around, these cables were quite heavy too, when this RFW first arrived at this yard.
It was just before Xmas, so these two enterprising young lads, decided they needed some extra coin for some booze for Xmas.

S-o-o-o-o-o-o, one of these cables, which they thought was made from copper, duly vanished from the back of the RFW one day and found it's way to a certain scrap metal merchants yard ( no names shall be mentioned about here ).

The scrappy checks out this cable and runs a couple of acid tests on it, just to see just what this cable is made from, after doing these tests, he comes back and say's, - " is this cable yours ", they confirm that it is, so he informs them, - " there ain't enough cash on the premises right now, would it be OK if they sent them a cheque in the mail ".

Well, suppose it would have to do, eh.

A couple of days later the cheque arrives and they open this letter, yep, there is a cheque in it alright, for just under 10 grand, remember that this is way back about the early 1980's, so it's a 'bloody' big lot of money, for a bit of copper cable.

They kind of choke on this information and they whip around to the scrappy real quick, asking, - " what's all this coin for, must be a mistake", they are then informed by the scrappy, that the cable wasn't copper at all, it was platinum that the cable was made from. :o :o :o

Yikes, and there's even another one still sitting in the back of the RFW.

One fella gives me a 'wink, wink, nudge, nudge' and say's that the other cable is still in there, if I want it, now it's a v-e-r-y long way over to Perth, with plenty of places to ditch it and P/U on the way home.
I climb up top and open the side door on this Electric unit and blow me down, there is this cable, sitting there as has just been described.

Hmm, wonder if the owners of this RFW, knew that they had now parked their vehicle around at 'honest johns truck storage'. [ch65532] [ch65532]

I was still paying my house off and this cable would have had me owning my house outright, boy-o-boy, what a quandary to be put in, nick it and be dishonest, or, just leave it alone.

So, for the next 4 days as I was heading over the paddock, I was pondering about this lot, eventually arriving in Perth, with that cable still in there, ho-boy, - what - am - I - to - do ? ? ? ?

Had to ring a number when I got to a certain gas servo, they gave me directions to the yard, that I had to deliver the RFW too.

When I arrive at this yard, they had a crane rigged up and in position to just lift this RFW clean of the low loader, think they might of got wind of what happened over in Bris, eh.
As I was unchaining this truck, one of the workers from this place, was in underneath the RFW with the "gas axe". He was slicing through all the "U" bolts, that were holding the body of the Electric unit, onto the chassis of the RFW.

The dog-man just wrapped a couple of wire slings around the bodywork, no care taken at all and when he was given the 'all clear', the crane driver just plucked it clean off the chassis rails, swung it over by the fence and dropped it in the weeds against the fence.

He had the slings unhooked and swung back around to lift the RFW off.

The RFW was soon off, they towed it into the workshop where they had to do some serious major surgery, to try and breath some life back into it, as this RFW was going up to Mt Newman area to do something, that did require a 4 wheel drive truck out in the bush up there.

Me, I stayed 'mum' about this cable, I just packed up my chains, got them to sign the paperwork, then just drove out of there, even when I think about it today, I wonder if that Electrical unit is still sitting in the weeds over by that fence, and -- is the cable still in it.

Heading back over the paddock to home, all I could think about was that cable, then again, if I had told the workers at that yard, then they would have had it.

Don't know if the owner ever realised it, that all that money was just chucked away over by the fence, I reckon that the cable, would have been worth much more, than the rolling chassis of the RFW.

here's the offending article

hopped up onto the RFW to take this shot, for those that have NEVER been across the paddock before, see if you can spot the trees.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds