Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 8 months ago #138629 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
With such a well built truck I figured no harm in asking as nothing worse than to do all the hard work only to have it come undone by a simple oversight.

I know I've made some beauties over the years!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #138630 by Coupeute
Unlike the holden/ford etc utes there is no 2nd floor. The cross members you see in Grahams pic are hollow & originally had timber in them to screw the floor to & boy did they cause rust when rotted. I welded 150 x 50 tube through mine. That floor will be nice & light Graham. You wont need anything too heavy duty, I'm guessing you wont bet fetching fire wood in it.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
9 years 8 months ago #138631 by grahamjb
Spot on Dave, it will probably only carry cartons of beer and golf clubs.

I won't be doing any updates for a couple of weeks because I am in Bali :D

Cheers

More
9 years 8 months ago #138632 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute

I won't be doing any updates for a couple of weeks because I am in Bali :D

Give me a wave out the window on your way home!! ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #138633 by grahamjb
I got a seat on the port side of the plane so that I could give you a wave on the way back from Bali Bugly, but I think the flight path was a bit to far to the west for you to see me wave!

Anyway, I have been back for a week and trying to source the fender & running board bolts because coach bolts don't work. No one in WA has anything remotely suitable so I swallowed my pride and looked at some pommy vehicles and reckoned that some Land Rover bolts might do the trick.

These arrived in the mail today from the east coast & fit perfectly
[IMG

I have also fitted some 3M "Stone Chip" plastic to the running boards to hopefully prevent the paint from getting scuffed
[IMG

Here is a close up of one edge
[IMG

Used the leftover 3M plastic as a gasket/seal under the SS tie down points
[IMG

Hopefully I will be able to tighten up the guards this weekend after fitting the bonnet etc
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 8 months ago #138634 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Yep, 5/16 Acme thread bolts seem to be almost unprocurable in Oz nowadays. I used to be able to get them and the speed nuts from IH, not anymore.

8mm body bolts and speed nuts are the nearest thing you can easily get, but they (machine threaded speed nuts) don't like to come apart after 30 or more years...

Enough of that, the ute is looking brilliant. Now I am off for a run in the bullet nose 8-)

Cheers, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

9 years 8 months ago #138635 by
Replied by on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
graham

Bloody fantastic.

Trevor

More
9 years 8 months ago #138636 by grahamjb
Jarrod - I think that it is a good thing the British still use the 5/16 Acme bolts in the Land Rover other wise we would not be able to restore these old trucks and thanks for the kind words Trevor.

Cut back, polished and fitted the bonnet today along with fitting the 5/16 Acme thread bolts to the running boards and guards. I am not happy with the bonnet fit on the passengers side and might be able to improve it if I can lift the guard up a bit which I will try tomorrow.
I have used some leftover 3M running board plastic to make a gasket/seal for the bonnet emblem and the bonnet handles to protect the paint.

One thing I love about these old girls is the way the bonnet lifts on either side which I reckon adds to the character of the vehicle.

Bonnet Pictures
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #138637 by drive56
Lookin smick Graham , ya nearly there well done mate !! Cya Peter. ;)

56 AS 112 Inter pickup being rodded&&58 AS 130 inter tray restoring
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by drive56.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #138638 by grahamjb
Thanks Peter - FYI I removed my headers yesterday and put them in to be ceramic coated today in an attempt to reduce the under bonnet heat. The 5 litre engine I am using runs aftermarket headers and the heat from the LH side puts out a tremendous amount of heat.
I have gone for "double black cermic coating" which applies one coat on the inside and two coats on the outside of the headers which will hopefully reduce the radiant heat somewhere between 30 to 60%.

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by grahamjb.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds