Skip to main content

Historic buses

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #144411 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Historic buses
hey Swishy, did the place you stole Borrowed the Pic from tell you anything about It???

Enquiring Minds ect.........

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by hayseed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 10 months ago #144412 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Historic buses
Here U go Seed

Try thiz on fir size

;D

;D

Original pic lifted, grabd, borrowed, stolen theived obtaind form BusAustralia

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 10 months ago #144413 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Historic buses
Thanks Swishy, 1935 Ehh ......I bet the steering & gear changing would've left a bit to be desired.. ::)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 10 months ago #144414 by Roderick Smith
Maroon LTD has appeared before, as one of a pair. Here are front and rear portraits, at Euroa and at Essendon Fields (Essendon Airport). Taken during the FC rally to mark 60 years of Pioneer Express. Sun.29.3.15. (Roderick Smith)

Roderick B Smith
former RNV editor

More
8 years 10 months ago #144415 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Historic buses
very nice rodders [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 10 months ago #144416 by theroadbossman
Replied by theroadbossman on topic Re: Historic buses
They sure are beautiful, no doubt about that.
And, I also find some beauty in the Paramount bus too strangely enough [ch128515]

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
8 years 10 months ago #144417 by Roderick Smith
I conclude my coverage of the start of the Flxible Clipper rally, marking the 60th anniversary of the start of Pioneer Express, on Sun.29.3.15. I have eked with views taken at the HCVC Sun.9.11.14 Yarra Glen rally.

Roderick B Smith
retired RNV editor

More
8 years 10 months ago #144418 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: Historic buses
I only just stumbled upon this post so sorry if I'm telling you something you already know....but.....

way back in the late 70's aussie icon band...but not really known then...AC/DC... had a flexible clipper and used it as a tour/gig bus.
i met up with them late one night on the side of the road near Paddys River (near Marulan) while doing field service for Cummins....they saw my van and stopped to see if I could fix a fuel leak they had...which i couldn't.....but then they had a flat battery so I had to tow start them....when I pulled up in front in my service van and got out to hook up the chains I saw on the destination board....AC/DC......so I said something like....oh wow,are you guys AC/DC the band...to which Malcolm replied..."have you heard of us?"..they explained they were on their way to melbourne to do some gigs and a video..(long way to the top if you rock and roll) which they did on the back of a truck (now a signature video clip of them) and their parting words were something like ....we'll be back in sydney in a few weeks time and we'll be doing a gig at hornsby police boys club....come see us....
anyways.....long time ago....thought the fact that AC/DC ,arguably the best rock and roll band in the world once toured in an ex ansett clipper might be of interest!

newto

More
8 years 10 months ago #144419 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Flxible Clippers
What a great story. The AC-DC clip is mentioned often in tram groups: Melbourne trams feature as backdrops.
<
;.

Roderick B Smith
retired RNV editor

More
8 years 10 months ago #144420 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Historic buses
In 1988, I saw the classic William Inge play 'Bus stop', set in the 1950s. A snowstorm forces a long-distance bus to spend a night at a minor roadhouse. Set in Midwest USA, it could translate into outback Australia with only the most-minor tinkers. In the stage version, we don't see the bus (just the headlamps flashing across the window as it turns into the parking bay), but the driver entered in full semi-military uniform, with a period 6-sided cap/hat. I imagined him exiting from a Flxible Clipper. You don't have to be a theatre fanatic to enjoy it. In particular you must know lots of characters on our roads who resemble the driver and the lady who runs the roadhouse.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_Stop_(play)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0386346
and various clips on youtube.

Roderick B Smith
retired RNV editor

Time to create page: 0.589 seconds