Skip to main content

sleeper cab 1917-1950

More
6 years 6 months ago #187732 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic sleeper cab 1917-1950
Looks like your Dad did a great job in making his truck .
I hope this piece of ingenuity has survived.
Thanks for posting these photos.
Ray.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwakatriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187740 by Dima Ukraine
Replied by Dima Ukraine on topic sleeper cab 1917-1950

Kwakatriple wrote:

These are a couple of pics of my Dad's AEC taken 6 years ago (I believe it is now restored). He built this truck in the late 50's and it has the sleeper in front of the driver. .

Can you specify the arrow where the sleeper was?

More
6 years 6 months ago #187765 by Dima Ukraine
PINTEREST.COM
International

Ford
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #187767 by Kwakatriple
Replied by Kwakatriple on topic sleeper cab 1917-1950
Hi Dima Ukraine, if you look at the windows in the cab you will see there are three windows at the side. The front, slightly angled, corner window, a fixed pane window and then the door window (which is open in the pic). The angled window and the fixed pane window are at the end of the sleeper section which is right across the front. The base of the bed was probably about in line with the top of the radiator grill so that with blankets etc it was just below the bottom of the windscreen. The driver (and passenger) seats are in line with the door and the steering wheel actual circled slightly over the back edge of the bed. I have attached a crude sketch of the layout of the cabin.

1964 Bedford bus/motorhome
1972 Bedford bus/motorhome
...and sundry other 2, 3 and 4 wheel vehicles...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dima Ukraine

More
6 years 6 months ago #187768 by Kwakatriple

Dima Ukraine wrote:

Kwakatriple wrote:

These are a couple of pics of my Dad's AEC taken 6 years ago (I believe it is now restored). He built this truck in the late 50's and it has the sleeper in front of the driver. .

Can you specify the arrow where the sleeper was?

Hi Dima Ukraine, sorry I did this wrong to start with so this, along with a pic, appears in a different post below.
If you look at the windows in the cab you will see there are three windows at the side. The front, slightly angled, corner window, a fixed pane window and then the door window (which is open in the pic). The angled window and the fixed pane window are at the end of the sleeper section which is right across the front. The base of the bed was probably about in line with the top of the radiator grill so that with blankets etc it was just below the bottom of the windscreen. The driver (and passenger) seats are in line with the door and the steering wheel actual circled slightly over the back edge of the bed. I have attached a crude sketch of the layout of the cabin - see below.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187789 by Dima Ukraine

Kwakatriple wrote: Hi Dima Ukraine, if you look at the windows in the cab you will see there are three windows at the side. The front, slightly angled, corner window, a fixed pane window and then the door window (which is open in the pic). The angled window and the fixed pane window are at the end of the sleeper section which is right across the front. The base of the bed was probably about in line with the top of the radiator grill so that with blankets etc it was just below the bottom of the windscreen. The driver (and passenger) seats are in line with the door and the steering wheel actual circled slightly over the back edge of the bed. I have attached a crude sketch of the layout of the cabin.

Thank you very much my friend! What is the width of the bed? If possible, provide more photos.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187796 by Kwakatriple

Dima Ukraine wrote:

Kwakatriple wrote: Hi Dima Ukraine, if you look at the windows in the cab you will see there are three windows at the side. The front, slightly angled, corner window, a fixed pane window and then the door window (which is open in the pic). The angled window and the fixed pane window are at the end of the sleeper section which is right across the front. The base of the bed was probably about in line with the top of the radiator grill so that with blankets etc it was just below the bottom of the windscreen. The driver (and passenger) seats are in line with the door and the steering wheel actual circled slightly over the back edge of the bed. I have attached a crude sketch of the layout of the cabin.

Thank you very much my friend! What is the width of the bed? If possible, provide more photos.

I am sorry but I do not have any other photos at the moment. I know there were some in existence but my father passed away some years ago and I have not yet found the photos.

From memory the bed was about single bed width - perhaps 3 feet wide. I seem to recollect that Dad got a foam mattress specially made for it and that makes me think it was not a standard single bed width.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187838 by Dima Ukraine

Kwakatriple wrote:

Dima Ukraine wrote:

I am sorry but I do not have any other photos at the moment. I know there were some in existence but my father passed away some years ago and I have not yet found the photos.

From memory the bed was about single bed width - perhaps 3 feet wide. I seem to recollect that Dad got a foam mattress specially made for it and that makes me think it was not a standard single bed width.

Sincerely condolences to your loss.
Maybe later you can find more photos ...

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #187860 by Dima Ukraine

International ( www.wisconsinhistory.org )
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Dima Ukraine.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187959 by Dima Ukraine
BROCKWAY 180 - SBT 1932 (Bill White Facebook)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.646 seconds