Skip to main content

Overlander's old Photos

More
3 years 9 months ago #213072 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, overlander, asw120

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #213137 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Greetings. If I remember correctly the white and green 'F' model was Smith's- had a tanker I reckon, the factory finish paint job on the 9564TDB wad Mannum Haulage, 8v71. Bonica's trucks always looked good, didn't see a lot of Diamond Reo's so you can imagine I was in paradise with a job where trucks came to my work and a lot of trucks that I'd not seen going through Nuriootpa now that I was in Adelaide. That'll do for now
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 8 months ago #213708 by PaulFH

More
3 years 8 months ago #213709 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, V8Ian, xspanrman

More
3 years 8 months ago #213836 by overlander
Greetings. The R model Macks visiting DETCO were driven by the bloke who had the R model that now belongs to Matty Harkin- he then worked at the Mack dealer, I think it was Champions before CMV included a Mack dealership in their empire. I'm pretty sure that is one of Bunker's 4070's on the hook- bit hard to tell in them days as a lot of firms were registered out of Mannum. Got a feeling the photo of the M A N was taken at the Sydney Haulage Terminal on one of the many visits I had there when I used to help a family friend load and unload wine from the Barossa- every box by hand in those days aswell and then get a load to Adelaide from the SHT. Used to get Overdrive magazines from there to read over and over again whist waiting for a back load and the next photo opportunity. That'll do for now. Next time
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, Fred in Geelong, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
3 years 8 months ago #213965 by Fred in Geelong
G'day Paul FH and Overlander. Does that Road Commander beside the red and white K model belong to Joe Sturzacker from Timboon. Awesome piccies by the way!!!!

More
3 years 8 months ago #213966 by Fred in Geelong
Does anybody know the story of the Japanese type door logo on the McPhies, or ex McPhies Mk2 Atkinstien? I saw it on some McPhies Atkinstiens and SAR's on Facebook a cuppla years ago and asked, but no-one ever responded! Chris.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213977 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Overlander's old Photos
Sorry Fred, can't help. No doubt, Overlander will let you know if possible.
Good eye candy, these old rigs. Paul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred in Geelong

More
3 years 8 months ago #213979 by overlander
Fred- you are correct with the 4x2 Road Commander being Sturzaker's. There is another photo of that truck somewhere way back and the is a photo of his very smart and new looking 8v92T SAR somewhere further back as well. The other photo of the Commander was taken at the Sydney Haulage Terminal and I lucked in for a photo of his SAR when Nifty and myself went to Melb on a photo safari and probably a truck show and we used to camp out by a servo {Shell ??] at Bunker Hill on the Hume. Reeled off rolls and rolls of Kodak. Can't help with any info on the logo on the Atkinson. In the next batch of 10 none of the photos were taken at DETCO- some at the Angaston Cement Works- Manson's Kw from Bunyip and a Hall from North Geelong. Also a Don Rourke 1418 from Sydney, a Morgan's G88, a John L Pierce 4x2 Atkinson, a Travelos Kw, one of Schrappel's Commanders and a couple others. Next time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred in Geelong, PaulFH

More
3 years 8 months ago #213981 by Fred in Geelong
Thanks mate. Indeed he did! Fred.

Time to create page: 0.760 seconds