Skip to main content

Overlander's old Photos

More
3 years 9 months ago #212654 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Overlander's old Photos

overlander wrote: Hayseed, I had a look with the mag glass and there is an International Harvester emblem above the grille. Educate me on the Norling- I've not ever heard of them. Pete

Like V8ian said, Norling was an Engineering Business that in the Pre. IH buying Atkinson Days. He custom built/modified Brand New Inter Trucks Including fitting GM engines ,which were sold as brand new Trucks.
i thought that if You were working at DETCO & took that Pic at work ,It may have been a GM powered "Norling" Truck...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212656 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Hayseed- the Acco photo was not taken at DETCO, can't remember where or why I took the photo, maybe the truck had a triple nickel in it so it was different from the Acco tippers getting around the Barossa which were Perkins powered. Moving to Adelaide for work opened up a world of opportunities to take photos and I took the Instamatic everywhere with me.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212873 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

More
3 years 9 months ago #212874 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, Dave_64, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, asw120, V8Ian, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
3 years 9 months ago #212886 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Overlander's old Photos
The first Transtaer has a wild looking sleeper on it

Good to se a Diamond Reo

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #212891 by Rattail 1927
Fantastic pictures, I notice That some truck pictures where they only have a single “bull light “ or just head light s , I’m assuming it was law related can someone shed some light, jim
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Rattail 1927.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212893 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Overlander's old Photos
You can still have a single spotlight. They had to review the laws when everyone started putting light bars on their four wheel drives.

I will try to find the Qld Transport version of the national code on light bars and spotlights and put it up on its own thread.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Rattail 1927, DieselFan

More
3 years 9 months ago #212909 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Overlander's old Photos
A single bull light used to be common (maybe just one because the alternator couldn't keep up with two?) but then outlawed. Now seems they can be legal again.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212954 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Overlander's old Photos
Mammoth I reckon it was because they were bloody expensive.. It was before everything was made in China..
I remember car stereo's, driving lights, anything like that, was one of the many things that you wanted but could only buy as far as your budget would allow you to.
We certainly only ever had one driving light one our trucks. And they would have been secondhand if at all possible. And from memory I thought that was ample and wondered why some people would need two or more.
Or perhaps it was just that my Dad was a bloody tight arse and I never knew any better!!
Cheers
Rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 9 months ago #213071 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds