Skip to main content

359 dodge truck build

More
2 years 11 months ago #221998 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 359 dodge truck build
Hey Tassie Dan,

The dodge looks awesome mate, great work. Margo could piddle on me and my world would still be great.

For what it’s worth, my vote is to keep the stacks somehow if you can make it practical enough for yourself.

Cheers,
Urchy87

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Tassie Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221999 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic 359 dodge truck build
Dan, I have no idea what sort of a truck driver you are, but you are a hell of a good photographer. And like Urchy says, it look awesome.
Steve.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by wee-allis.

More
2 years 11 months ago #222001 by Tassie Dan
Replied by Tassie Dan on topic 359 dodge truck build
I am not such a fan of the full rego but at least I can use her whenever I like. Plates do look a bit cool and with her turning circle loading zone parking is very handy ha ha. Yeah, going to have some good frosty mornings this weekend but at least the days will be clear. The stacks are going to stay, you guys have talked me into it but I will try to make them easier to use, on a folding arm thing. I don’t get to drive much anymore as I am now operations manger but we just do general freight but before that I got to drive tippers with quad dogs but I do miss driving a bit. And the photos are just lucky pics haha.

More
2 years 11 months ago #222002 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 359 dodge truck build
I thought it was cold in Ipswich just now, compared to that it's toasty.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago #222003 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic 359 dodge truck build

Got to love fresh mornings

Can't beat a good crisp Tassie morning.... We're getting - 2 in the morning and - 3 Sunday mornings here in Launceston....

Now there are forecasting - 4 Saturday night... :blink: :blink: :blink:

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tassie Dan

More
2 years 11 months ago #222006 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic 359 dodge truck build
Been in the minuses the last couple of weeks here in North East Victoria combined with frost, fog and a lovely sunrise straight into the cab on my local commuter.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #222008 by Tassie Dan
-2 in Deloraine at 8.20 but the fire pot is lite and it’s time to have a go at fixing an oil leak and flushing the coolant system out.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by IHScout. Reason: For you photo to appear in your post with the text don't forget to click on "insert" after uploading the photos, otherwise it just appears as an attachment which you followers will have to click on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago #222009 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 359 dodge truck build
Tassie Dan, Parking problems in Deloraine? You should try a big City!
That Dodge looks absolutely right. You have done an excellent job of making it roadworthy and driveable while keeping the patina. I may have told you the old jingle: "If you can't afford a Dodge, dodge a Ford"
You sell yourself short regarding photography skills as well. Who could forget those night-time shots you posted a while ago.
Nice and warm(ish) here, near the coast in Gippsland, Victoria. Has not got to minus figures yet and probably won't. Cutting firewood keeps me warm though!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #222023 by Tassie Dan
Ummm, so I got the timing cover off and made up a new gasket and and used a bit of sealant and got excited and put it back on. Then got thinking about the seal around the shaft and maybe the oil leak was coming from there so I guess I stuffed up and will have to take it off again to replace the seal. Bugger. Gives me a chance to fix the paint fish eyes too.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by IHScout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago #222024 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic 359 dodge truck build
The timing pointer has seen better days.

As has been said before, a good looking jigger. You should be happy and proud.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds