Skip to main content

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75092 by
well .....where is everyone !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D it's only a few to go for the next milestone and a great testimonial to VFA ...

it was amazing.. when doing the truck show rounds years ago with the old sleeper cab, how in amongst the characters that would come by, there was always a mention of either pacific coast, or mainline transport...and to a bloke who knew nary of either firm, it told me that these outfits were big.. and special, and their presence as BTO's was never lost on the old blokes. :) :) :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75093 by PCT
Hi All, As mentioned from time to time during this thread, I ask for anyone who has something that is relevant to the topic of these Companies and the people within them to share with us what they may have. A simple snap shot of the trucks and or the drivers back then is Gold for us nowadays. Look at the photo's we've been able to share to date.
The ones who struggle with the technology to get a photo onto the forum/thread may find assistance with someone they know who is computer savvy enough to scan their shots and forward them to the thread to expand even further what only started 4 weeks ago.
WHY AM I SAYING THIS? VFA'S PASSING LAST WEEK IS AGAIN A TIMELY REMINDER THAT WE ARE ALL ON THE ROAD OUT OF HERE.....WE JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN. THERE'S NO NEED TO TELL YOU HOW TIME FLY'S THESE DAYS AND OUR BEST LAID PLANS CAN GO BELLY UP IN A HEARTBEAT.

We are approaching the 15,000th viewing of the thread and yes......I'd like to dedicate the 15,000th viewing of the Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L thread to Victor Francis Arnold who shared the ride here with us and was part of the fabric of the above for many years as well as a loving husband, father, grandfather friend and mate to the many who will miss him. Our thoughts are with your family Vic. RIP.

////

Keep them coming! The Peterbilt below [10] is the truck which VFA bought prior to the takeover of PCT Road Lines P/L and later traded in on the White Road Boss.

Truck 10 #17790 Truck 6 #17934

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by PCT.

More
12 years 2 months ago #75094 by Cams290
This old jigger is on page 45 of the latest Deals On Wheels, seems a reasonable price for a pretty rare truck.
Was it one of the early imported ones that have graced this thread ?

More
12 years 2 months ago #75095 by WoodDuck
Hi all, Sorry for the absence, I have today sent off an email to the Director of services for Victor Francis Arnold asking that a commemorative card be given to Maureen and the girls passing on our condolences and prayers from the forum in general and those in particular who posted their respects. For all those who are unable to attend for various reasons and so that the family knows they are in our thoughts.
Thank you all for your kind words re victor, I know he was extremely happy to have found this forum and it's discussion group remembering his working life within the Cannington/PCT days.
I can only hope that he will be on the long straight highway up there watching us all carrying on and waiting for us all to join him in our own time.
WoodDuck.

First 1's free

More
12 years 2 months ago #75096 by PCT

This old jigger is on page 45 of the latest Deals On Wheels, seems a reasonable price for a pretty rare truck.
Was it one of the early imported ones that have graced this thread ?

Cams290,
I'm "suspecting" it could be this truck here, But we'll Definitely find out from the Big D in the morning. ;D

Here's what the details read--- John L Pierce Pty Ltd. Kooringa Rd, Chatswood NSW. 352M #20699. In Service 21.1.66. NHC250 Cummins, 8016-5B [4 X 4] Spicer, SQHD 5.83:1.

It's not a bad proposition when you think about what your getting as a going concern, for a hobby/worker yanky COE with accommodation. JLP 352M. :) ;)

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75097 by PCT

Hi all, Sorry for the absence, I have today sent off an email to the Director of services for Victor Francis Arnold asking that a commemorative card be given to Maureen and the girls passing on our condolences and prayers from the forum in general and those in particular who posted their respects. For all those who are unable to attend for various reasons and so that the family knows they are in our thoughts.
Thank you all for your kind words re victor, I know he was extremely happy to have found this forum and it's discussion group remembering his working life within the Cannington/PCT days.
I can only hope that he will be on the long straight highway up there watching us all carrying on and waiting for us all to join him in our own time.
WoodDuck.

Well done and Well put WoodDuck, I think that is a wonderful inclusion for us all here on the Forum and we wish Victors family all the best for Thursday afternoon. Thanks again. RIP VFA.

////

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75098 by PCT
Truck 7. #19422 Pacific Coast Trucking with WABCO Trailer Dump. March 1970.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75099 by
great pics again PCT and thanks, i'm sure from all .. when did that pacific coast paint scheme give way to the new PCT roadlines scheme,..1971-72 ? and also the introduction of the steel painted bullbars also seemed to co-incide with the new livery and looking at the picture of the line up in PCT's yard, with kevin russells cabover..it would nearly have to be around that timeframe...any clues anyone ?

ps...just noticed that the grille guard and ally bumper has been dispensed with in these last pics ..so possibly the bullbar and new paint wasn't far away 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75100 by WoodDuck

Good Morning all,
just found this on a FB site and knew I had to grab it and put in this collection. According to the uploader (Rodney Lloyd) " We lived near Ken Rathbourne earthmoving and it must have came to pick up a machine. (Grafton NSW)"
Truck No 4 with a Clip on rear Axle attachment makes it special. I'm guessing that it would have been a "Cato" invention. I know some one here will enlighten us all. Cheers.

First 1's free
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by WoodDuck.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 1 month ago #75101 by
g'day WoodDuck and thank you for another very interesting pic...

the new scheme is there, and the bunk is still fitted....never seen that combo with the new colours on unit 4 before now, although i'm beginning to think the bunk may be a KW item as the handle is too low if it's a single door corporate bunk and doesn't ''sit'' in relation to the cab, as it does on unit 7, and also the exhaust has been shifted over to the LH side...

having just checked through the posts and reply 61 shows unit 4 indeed fitted with a corporate bunk.. but not the one as fitted in the photo above! (sheet metal differences at the lower edges as well)...but could be the one that ended up on nick kooreys 351 STL :-/ :-/

anyway after all that....cheers :) ;) ;)

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds