Skip to main content

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #75112 by
g'day PCT .. the just water peterbilt 351 STL 6X4 (ch/no 20017) went to the double oxide mine in cloncurry QLD and it too fell off an embankment and rolled a couple of times, about the mid 'nineties.. so it unfortunately also became a has been...

...it has passed through various owners since then and has only become more and more ''depleted'' to a point where right now, it is not a salvagable project.

these poor things need a lot of effort, when they get to this stage, to bring them back from the brink but as i keep saying to people..imagine this scenario....''that wreck of a spitfire is no good''...and walk straight past it.....as if !!

it's only when these things have a certain ''provenance'', that they are allowed to come back and be appreciated.

fwiw...and me two bobs worth....cheers :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #75113 by PCT
G'Day All, In relation to reply #307---Truck 4, This shot also taken by Phil Geer from a little more side on and further back, shows the axle hubs, once again easy to see why it would have been mistaken for tri drive.

PCT Road Lines Depot Pitt Street, Merrylands NSW.

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #75114 by PCT
G'Day again, In Reply #309 I stated Hughie Waugh's STL Peterbilt #20017 was a 6 X 6. Have ran out of time to correct this. It was a 6 X 4! I was mistaking it with his Kenworth 955 which he had later on, It was a 6 X 6.. Swishy made mention of this KW some time back in another thread where it had drive line failures under warranty and a nosey KW rep ended up finding out it was pretty good at getting itself and another loaded truck out of the bush in boggy conditions.. :)

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by PCT.

More
12 years 1 month ago #75115 by Scummy

this is a most interesting thread and it is amazing just how much knowledge there is amongst all the members,but can anybody tell me whatever happened to the long nosed Peterbilts that Alltrans had in Sydney,working out of Penrith for Pioneer Concrete.I think that there were 7 or 8 of them ,and their fleet numbers were AG 101 to either AG107 or 108 . They also had a couple of MAN's (109 &110)

G,day , dad recently had some of his pictures put on a disc and i remembered something about pioneer . If you look past the rough heads in this photo there's a pete in the background , not a good photo but it's all we got .

More
12 years 1 month ago #75116 by PCT
Good Stuff Scummy. olddon and the others will be happy with this. I wonder which Alltrans Banger it is? We might find out in the morning! ;D

More
12 years 1 month ago #75117 by olddon
that is a great pic mate.After so many years ,the memory goes a bit off track,but as the names come back,I will try and post them.That picture must have been late in the Pioneer days,as the Pete's were all painted in Alltrans colours originally (grey with the A/T badge on the doors)

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #75118 by
g'day all .. thanks for the pic scummy...the pioneer peterbilt shots are very few and far between.

the peterbilt pictured was one of two originally owned by ray fitzpatrick quarries (chassis numbers19427..351 ST, and 19894..351 M) whose business was bought out by pioneer.

...they were similar to the alltrans conventionals, if a little longer in the wheelbase,having the 250 cummins, compound 4X4 spicer and five spoke rockwells, and even though alltrans worked in with pioneer, their peterbilts were not painted in the pioneer colours

olddon...the alltrans peterbilts have mainly all survived and are all mostly still original...

ch/no 22058...under rebuild in cobram vic.
ch/no 22059...restored and residing in lancefield vic.
ch/no 22060...restored ..in lithgow nsw.
ch/no 22061...this truck has always work hard and as such was somewhat morphed into a truck built from more durable components over time but still retaining the peterbilt cab!..believed residing in dubbo nsw after the death of owner wayne bayliss (big 'un)..R.I.P.
ch/no 22062...stored awaiting restoration in wagga wagga
ch/no 22063...running and original..in a loose version of the old TNT peaches and cream in melbourne vic.
ch/no 22064...stored awaiting restoration in melbourne vic.
ch/no 22065...stored awaiting restoration in hexham nsw.

i've not been able to put a unit number to a chassis number on these conventionals although have had some luck with the alltrans cabovers

hope all that helps....cheers

More
12 years 1 month ago #75119 by werkhorse
detective, any chance of getting a copy of that alltrans chassis/fleet number list?

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 1 month ago #75120 by Swishy

PeeSeeTee
Gudday M8

Gr8 pix n info
Keep it cum n

Now th@ crawler crane BHind Pete looks familar
n would B a interesting & ejacational exercise in watch n m walk it up the rear ramps
But
no less got her dun

Wunder ifn one n the same Crane
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 1 month ago #75121 by PCT
Hi Swishy, It does ,doesn't it. I agree, it would less eventful walking it onto your folding goose neck than up the ramps and over the back onto the other float.

There looks to be a few differences with the sign writing and color of the roller frame at the rear. Where were Johnsway based?

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds