Skip to main content

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.

12 years 3 weeks ago #75152 by
g'day cunning .. nice pic and thank you..number 8 on the front of the hayes may mean it pinched the old cannington/kulnura peterbilt spot while she was getting painted !??....aaahhh the mysteries ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75153 by Cunning Stunt
No probs Big D, I was also checking out the red lights on the front panels. I'm sure I saw a Commer that had been delivered to Canada when new in the mid 50's and it had those same lights fitted on the front corners of the cab? Thought that it was a bit unusual.

How good does that Hayes look with two trailers 8-)

The name attached is Reiber Dieter........does that mean anything to you guys?

Some play hard to get

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75154 by
dieter reisenweber had his own peterbilt cabovers in 1964 and a real flash pair of rigs at that.. (ch/no 17728 6X4 and 16919 4X2) and by the time CCT were operating the hayes his ownership of the petes had long passed...

..not to say dieter wasn't involved with the big boys in sydney at PCT/CCT and a good chance he may have been steering this big banger on the day..

ps cunning....that's a rigid with two trailers 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75155 by PCT
this is peterbilt 351STL ch/no 19422 (truck seven) fresh off the boat and straight into the bond yard at peterbilt australia mid 1965..photo credit unknown

G'Day Detective and All, Going by the details you've given here, it appears #19422 sat around for a lengthy amount of time before a decision was made for it to enter the Cannington Fleet and to finally go into service on the 16th April 1966.

It would be good to hear from some of the workshop staff who were at Peterbilt Australia back then and to have them recall some of the modifications that some of these [floor stock and cancelled order trucks] underwent back then, to bring them into spec for the eventual customers. :) ;)

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by PCT.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75156 by Swishy

OK

Eye'll ask the dumb Q:?

Hoo twaz 1st in OZ

KW or Pete

KW = August 1962
Pete = ?
n where iz the pete now?

Thanx in advance

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75157 by greg wright
the Nigel Holt referred to earlier , was he the one from C owra nsw ? if it was i knew him , his son BRUCE still resides in Cowra and has restored army tanks , havent seen him for years , top mechanic and a good bloke , cheers GREG .

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75158 by PCT
G'Day Cunning Detective and All, What a wonderful shot of the Hayes, Regarding Dieter Reiber being written on the back of the photo, whether Dieter donated the photo or someone has suggested it is Dieter in the photo, I have no idea. The fellow in the photo is apparently Sam Shields.... Driver of the Hayes for a long period. He eventually moved back to Ipswich and I believe he passed away last year.
I guess asking for contributions can sometimes seem a little unrealistic when we hear about so many of our transport people passing so frequently. RIP Sam Shields.

Cunning, I've seen these red lights on early Bubble Nose Freightliners, and early White Freightliners as well as the Hayes COE's and without knowing what they are for still, reckon they are early style hazard warning lights [not necessarily intermittent and remembering they had no amber lights like us] to be activated when stationary/bogged in snow/blizzard/whiteouts where judgement maybe affected with the white light of headlights or just for a general breakdown.

Detective, I reckon you should take those sunny's off and give them back to Chocs and have another look at that photo Sherlock! :) ;) ;D

Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by PCT.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75159 by PCT

OK

Eye'll ask the dumb Q:?

Hoo twaz 1st in OZ

KW or Pete

KW = August 1962
Pete = ?
n where iz the pete now?

Thanx in advance

Cya

[ch9787]

KENWORTH was first Swishy!!! Thanks to the efforts of Ed Cameron and his team.

First PETERBILT #15834 went into service for Mainline Transport on the 1st November 1963 and its the one in the Museum in Mainlines Colors again.
It was previously orange with silver stripes. She'd look good parked next to the first S Model.......Cousins ;D

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75160 by PCT

the Nigel Holt referred to earlier , was he the one from C owra nsw ? if it was i knew him , his son BRUCE still resides in Cowra and has restored army tanks , havent seen him for years , top mechanic and a good bloke , cheers GREG .

Hello Greg Wright, Yes, same people mate and and everything you say is correct. Have some good shots that you'll enjoy going up soon. It shows their Peterbilt from those days on. A remarkable truck....Truck 4. :) ;)

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75161 by
g'day PCT .. not sure where i made the blue..can only be a rigid and two trailers ?.. but i always put the sunny's at the end for the subject person (or truck)...not me :) :)

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds