Skip to main content

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75162 by BK
I hope it's a rigid and 2 trailers, if not, that lead trailer has a hell of a bend in her!!

Trust me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 6 months ago #75163 by
I've been asked to delete these pictures by PCT.
Hi Chocs & Sherlock ;D,hopes these help. ;).
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bigcam.

12 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 6 months ago #75164 by
Probably got an arial shot somewhere. ;D ;)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 6 months ago #75165 by PCT

g'day PCT .. not sure where i made the blue..can only be a rigid and two trailers ?.. but i always put the sunny's at the end for the subject person (or truck)...not me :) :)

G'Day Detective, I was thinking you had fallen victim to a couple of larrikins and a box brownie with a bit of time on their hands and the sunny's were clouding your judgement. :D 8-) Ahhh Geez!, These....are nice sunny's lol!

Hey Choco....You got anymore of these in stock? 8-).

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

12 years 3 weeks ago #75166 by

OK

Eye'll ask the dumb Q:?

Hoo twaz 1st in OZ

KW or Pete

KW = August 1962
Pete = ?
n where iz the pete now?

Thanx in advance

Cya

[ch9787]

My information shows the 7 S-models left Seattle in August 1962 and arrived October 1962,would it take 2 months to cross the pacific ??? maybe via a asian port along to way.Also OD&E's 548 Kenworth arrived April 1962. Cheers James.

12 years 3 weeks ago #75167 by

I may be completely wrong here.....

The picture of the Hayes..
I have seen a few pictures of that truck.

The picture in question (without stating the obvious) looks to me, to be a twin steer, bogie drive with a 3 axle dog.
The additional dolly / trailer, behind the truck and dog, doesn't look quite right. :-/
The drawbar angle looks to be 'heading' way too far left? :-/
I have seen a few 'rear' pictures of that Hayes combination and unless she spent a few days in the boiler shop, which is not out of the question, the rear of the 3 axle dog was not exactly set up for a ringfeeder..

From an operators point...
If it was all set up for multiple trailers... the short dog would be towed at the very back or it would be like driving Mr Squiggle...

Like i said at the start of this post
"I may be completely wrong here....."

chocs 8-)

I think Chocs might be on the ball here.... Maybe that second trailer is a bogie drive (not a bogie dolly) and a tri axle trailer..... Cheers James.

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75168 by
...interesting too is CCT 1 next to PCT 8, but PCT 8 has copper city transport on the doors and is in the CCT colours..

..reckon chocs is right and a bogie drive prime mover is tucked in behind the hayes dog and i'm pretty sure the hayes should have been running road train signs if in fact it was ...

ps PCT .. final release of ch/no 19422 to sales (USA) was 19-5-1965 prior to shipment to australia

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75169 by

OK

Eye'll ask the dumb Q:?

Hoo twaz 1st in OZ

KW or Pete

KW = August 1962
Pete = ?
n where iz the pete now?

Thanx in advance

Cya

[ch9787]

My information shows the 7 S-models left Seattle in August 1962 and arrived October 1962,would it take 2 months to cross the pacific ??? maybe via a asian port along to way.Also OD&E's 548 Kenworth arrived April 1962. Cheers James.

...and the 548 was our first fair dinkum kenworth right hand drive 8-) 8-) 8-)...so why all the hooo haaa about the next seven ;D ;D ;D ;D :'( :'(. gotta laugh..cheers

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75170 by Swishy

JotS
Gudday M80

FWIW
Dont beleive everything U read
Sum get there wires all crossed up
LOL
If U b reading from this article

it shows a few 2nd hand KW S model trucks
n the one on the left eye steered for a few years
Twas X Ansett now b n restored by James Rob & Todd @ Narre Warren East

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75171 by
What a load of "horse $h1t"... 2 of the trucks in that photo were NOT the first seven and the other is much later in its life.
The factory was in Seattle (may possibly be still there),chances are there may have been a shipping port fairly close to Seattle... Why would they ship out of California????
Who ever wrote that article needs a good reeming up their rear end.Seven trucks were shipped out together,how do they know #76632 came off the ship first??? and #76305 already landed here months earlier.This is a article printed and published in 1962,I know which one I would be believing!!!!

I think we are getting off topic here and we should maybe start a new topic if any-one wants to continue with it.... JOTS.
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by bigcam.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds