Skip to main content

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.

More
10 years 3 months ago #75192 by Cunning Stunt
Thanks Woody, they are fantastic and also thanks to VFA's missus for going to the trouble and also allowing them to be shared.

It sure is a shame that Doug who started this thread isn't on here any more, he'd love those. Hopefully someone can alert him :)

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #75193 by angle-iron
Thanks woodDuck for sharing the photo,s.Some great shots showing what these trucks did way back.Cunning, Im sure there still up watching from the fence. ;) :D :D :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #75194 by Scummy
Geez they sure carted some big loads , thanks for uploading them .

More
10 years 3 months ago #75195 by WoodDuck
Thankx Fellas, these are the pictures that VFA took to the camera place to get put on a disc so that he could get them uploaded. I asked his wife about them the other week and she found the disc and posted it to me to put up. This was all there was. And yeh if some one knows how to get a hold of Doug would be good to let him see these too
:)

First 1's free

More
10 years 3 months ago #75196 by knighty
on ya woody,, loved em,,, find some more...jk

Lotsa Big Toys

More
10 years 3 months ago #75197 by Dave_64
Thanks to all who contributed the photo's and background to Canningtons/PCT Roadlines. Certainly took this particular scribbler back many years. I worked for Thiess as a greaser on the maintenance at Talbingo 1968. Can still vividly recall the 75 ton Haulpacks and the Trojan 8000 coming onto the site, carried by the famous Yellow/White Pete's.

Years later (mid 70's) I rebuilt a 351 ST myself and had a fair bit of fun with it, along with a lot of hard yakka! I copied their original paint scheme on mine, but never did get around to the fancy lining/pinstriping.
Well done to all for producing what has turned into a fascinating 'Blast from the Past'.

Thanks, Dave64

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #75198 by
g'day Dave .. you'll be happy to know that your old 351 ST is being well looked after under cover and keeping company with one of the old Cannington/PCT bangers (No 10) in the same shed !!....

....you're welcome to crawl all over them when you're down in Melbourne again mate.....cheers

More
10 years 3 months ago #75199 by bongobob mc licence
well pct every thing you say is probly spot on can u tell me if max is still with us ? he is a gentle gentleman n a scollar i use to subbie to him after tha demize of pct never ever worked for a fairer n better payer top bloke :D ;)

More
10 years 3 months ago #75200 by WoodDuck
Sorry but Max has passed on a few years ago now... truly a big loss to the industry.

First 1's free

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #75201 by ROB_DODGE

This old jigger is on page 45 of the latest Deals On Wheels, seems a reasonable price for a pretty rare truck.
Was it one of the early imported ones that have graced this thread ?

Cams290,
I'm "suspecting" it could be this truck here, But we'll Definitely find out from the Big D in the morning. ;D

Here's what the details read--- John L Pierce Pty Ltd. Kooringa Rd, Chatswood NSW. 352M #20699. In Service 21.1.66. NHC250 Cummins, 8016-5B [4 X 4] Spicer, SQHD 5.83:1.

It's not a bad proposition when you think about what your getting as a going concern, for a hobby/worker yanky COE with accommodation. JLP 352M. :) ;)

Hello all Ive followed this site for some time, loving it. Ive took a picture of the same truck in its final period of JLP back in 78-79 at their depot at Girraween (my father used work there,and towed the tanker in the picture behind on one of their Diamond reos hauling Napthaline.)https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=589993797747937&set=gm.218608194994928&type=1&theater ah sh-t it never showed up,, oh well,I tried. Ive posted it on a face book page called (rhd australian delivered peterbilt trucks) recently, run by Eric, if anyone can help to move it over,, it really should be amongst these pictures as well!
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by ROB_DODGE.

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds