Skip to main content

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.

12 years 3 weeks ago #75172 by

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75173 by PCT

g'day PCT .. not sure where i made the blue..can only be a rigid and two trailers ?.. but i always put the sunny's at the end for the subject person (or truck)...not me :) :)

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.
Reply #352 - 09.04.2012 at 18:56:54
dieter reisenweber had his own peterbilt cabovers in 1964 and a real flash pair of rigs at that.. (ch/no 17728 6X4 and 16919 4X2) and by the time CCT were operating the hayes his ownership of the petes had long passed...

..not to say dieter wasn't involved with the big boys in sydney at PCT/CCT and a good chance he may have been steering this big banger on the day..

ps cunning....that's a rigid with two trailers
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

G

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75174 by
...what was the topic again ? ;D ;D ;D ;D

just for everyones information .. the notion of a first kenworth on the ''road'' just falls to pieces when initially the OD&E oil rig 548 wasn't an ''over the road unit''...meaning..off highway

the seven S models came in completely built up and all travelled to melbourne from sydney after their offloading at the sydney ports ..

the cruncher is that five S models left the yard at doncaster line astern, for their inaugural trip to brisbane, late on a sunday afternoon in october 1962

the demonstrator was not included for obvious reasons and (driver) pete severi's was held back because of ed camerons mandate that every truck should proceed with its own spare wheel/tyre...and none came in with a provision, or indeed at all...a goodyear spare...

so on that sunday arvo there was three of george blomfields and two of ed camerons...with pete severi left behind to cool his heels :'( :'( 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

so which one was ''first'' is only allowed to a ch/no...not like number one mainline peterbilt..lowest ch/no of the bunch and first into service, by itself, on the last day of october in 1963...

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #75175 by PCT
Hi All, It appears that there is more than one interpretation of an [Over the Road Truck]. Generally its usually referred to as Highway/Line Haul type trucks, but technically the 548 and the 5 Peterbilts that OD & E purchased later in 1964 are registerable and road going also.

To go back to the beginning I was tipping Swishy was trying to establish a time comparison between the S Model and Peterbilt delivery dates to see which were on our

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #75176 by
...aaahh don't worry PCT .. there is a heck of a lot of interpretation that can go into a post and i'll be the first to admit that it can all come out looking a bit pear shaped :-[ :-[ :

..also all credit to chocs...i reckon he nailed the hayes pic puzzle ! ::) ::) 8-) 8-)

...PCT .. checking reply 51 was a mention of CCT 8.. not PCT 8 and reply 194 only makes mention of the PCT roadlines written on the bottom of the door...but i wasn't aware of PCT 8 on the hayes front, right next to CCT 1 on the peterbilt front...whew ;D ;D ;D ;)..

and anyway ..with all respect, frank burke was the driver behind both firms, so unravelling some mysteries has gotta be all part of the fun...cheers

More
11 years 10 months ago #75177 by Cams290
I saw #19428 last Saturday and lets say it's in good hands, Detective will agree with me on this apparently. ;)

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #75178 by
g'day Cams290 .. andrew has the greatest affinity and respect for this truck, especially now that all this history has come to light...

there will be nothing fancy applied to her whilst in his possession, and has even been contacted by the original owner to check on her care.

...he has had her a long time, and a very worthy owner of a slice of our earlier ''big banger'' days....cheers

More
11 years 8 months ago #75179 by Scummy
On the weekend we went up to dubbo to display some models at the vintage truck rally , and some guy comes over and says he has a model peterbilt that a guy built many years ago of a truck he drove , Apparently the guys gone now and he inherited it . He asks if he can display it and we say yer bring it along so he goes home and gets it .Below is what he brought back !!!!!!!

It just blew my mind , i didnt get to talk to him as i was out takin photo's when he came and when he picked it up .

11 years 8 months ago #75180 by
how good is that ? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
11 years 8 months ago #75181 by bigcam
Scummy, that is impressive.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds