Skip to main content

477 louey

More
11 years 9 months ago #87709 by Ozfury
Replied by Ozfury on topic Re: 477 louey

Ozfury, the 1st one as I remembered I thought was a subbie for Classified Concrete, that orangy/red colour and manual steering, later ones all were power steering except the LN 700's and LN 7000's.

The one I am thinking of belonged to Eddie Gribble, a subby for Qld Independant Concrete, was a 477 13 speed and no power steer as I recall. He always said it was the first Louie in Australia. QIC were blue and white, swallowed up by Boral

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87710 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 477 louey
Could be Oz, I'm just going on my memory. If I remember I'll ask a mate of mine who did his apprenticeship at Denmac with me.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87711 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: 477 louey
many dodge at4s and d5n were "concrete truck" spec 361 V8 petrol 5 speed box with a 3 speed joey tandem drive with something like 7.12? diff ratio..

More
11 years 9 months ago #87712 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: 477 louey
I'll have to check mine kenny, hope it isn't 7.12 or a change of joey might be in order, to something with a BIG OD ratio.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87713 by John Whale
Replied by John Whale on topic Re: 477 louey
ok all time to fess up for not much $(oo) and some yugoslavian beer i can have said louey that started this thread so tell me could i get parts for the 477??????? whale

More
11 years 9 months ago #87714 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: 477 louey

ok all time to fess up for not much $(oo) and some yugoslavian beer i can have said louey that started this thread so tell me could i get parts for the 477??????? whale

Whale, Mate I'd track down those bee keepers,& ask them........

Other wise I'd be fairly certain parts would be available ex the U.S.A.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 9 months ago #87715 by gorby
Replied by gorby on topic Re: 477 louey
I have the name and number of the beekeepers son who rebuilds their motors

More
11 years 9 months ago #87716 by John Whale
Replied by John Whale on topic Re: 477 louey
hello gorby mate that would be mucho appreciated; if you would rather pm me with the number that is more than fine leave it up to you thanks again mate whale

More
11 years 9 months ago #87717 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: 477 louey
Back in the early 80's when i was a kid i remember a big time farmer had a louie, single drive tipper and had a green V6 diesel in it.
Was a big flash late model truck compared to what all the other farmers had.

11 years 9 months ago #87718 by
Replied by on topic Re: 477 louey
there is a bloke in riddels creek victoria just outside melbourne who still till thid day runs a 477 v8 tipper single drive on straight petrol
says he works the old lady around 2100 nto 25oo revs
and gets reasonable fuel milage worked side by side with him many times and the old girl still pulls along ok
last moter he rebuilt has done 12 yrs on just a set of rings and bearings i asked him if he will ever run it on lpg the result was a funney look then he asked me if im ok so ill never ask that agian he is a real old school caracter if some one is on the side of the road mick is the first one to stop and help but really loves a chat :P

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds