Very close grandad!

But the http link to the image must be between the img tags. Like this:-
Code:
[img]http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac104/0198grandad/04_19_0a.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16588 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Re: Powered trailer
Thanks JBlair, I wondered where it went, I was beginning to think Hofmann would be retired by the time I figured it out.
Hofmann, just a thought on the powered trailer idea, the trailer in the pic was driven from the back of the Landrover by a shaft from the pto, then through a removable extending propshaft like the ones they use on the back of farm tractors to drive implements. That way you only had the trailer driven when needed, like rough ground. It had an overrun brake so you didn't get pushed, the trailer in the pic carried 200 gallons of water so it was fairly heavy, and it could be unhitched from the pintle after taking off the propshaft.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 6 months ago #16589 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Powered trailer

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 6 months ago #16590 by hofmann
Replied by hofmann on topic Re: Powered trailer
Awesome. The main advantage for me in something like this would be four wheel drive on the occasions I actually need it but not carrying all the weight around for 99% of the time when I don't need it. With a system like this, I don't know the tech terms, but you don't have the problem of your wheels turning at different speeds, which might be an issue with my plans. The advantage for me if the trailer has its own power is meanouvering it on its own in tight spots, hitching it up and moving it when the truck isn't there. I may be giving too much weight to the hitching up aspect. I only really know my way around towballs. I'm sure in your world there isn't a bloke busting his balls to lift the semitrailer onto the mac.Anyway, it's good to see that it's doable or more to the point, done.
I know that storage place Kenny. I tried to hire a car bay, fence it off and set up a workshop. It was all cool until the head b#*ch got involved. Then she heard me call her a b*&ch. I said fine, I'll just use it for storage and she said she didn't believe me. I said are you calling me a liar and she said yep. To be fair, I was lying. They wouldn't give it to me.
It's funny about the vacuum cleaner. When I first heard about it, I nicked out into the yard with my wife's vacuum to try it out. It didn't work very well but well enough that my wife wanted an explanation when she opened it up. Note to self, next time clean it out.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16591 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Powered trailer
how long ago were you at "that" storage place ..you mite of seen some of my crap there

More
14 years 6 months ago #16592 by hofmann
Heh Kenny, did you say it was only 50 or 60kgs. That sounds like the caravan mover thing which was the origional thing I was going to do. I saw it somewher but then I could never find it again. Isp haven't got a clue. The only advantage of powering the actual wheels of the trailer rather than what amounts to the jockey wheel is that it might not work off the flat. If you find out what it is, let me know. Because I have a generator I don't even need batteries and the motor can be ac.
Because you guys were laughing at me I started to think this might not be such a good idea. I mean another name for a powered trailer is a truck. Then I realised all I gotta do is buy a car trailer which I can use for picking up gear anyway, drive my van onto it, drive the whole lot to the next job, drive my van back off and off to the pub I piss. Kinda solves most of my problems with minimal laughter as long as that acco isn't a complete piece of crap, which it prbably is.
I got another one to make you laugh. If I get a semi licence, can I tow two trailers with my acco a bit like the add for that ute a while back. If not why not.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16593 by kennymopar2
ill have look at the "van" mover thing tomorrow if i remember and try and get a few details from it ..

More
14 years 6 months ago #16594 by hofmann
Geez about two years ago. I'm talking about the one on Frith st, allstorage. The spot I was after was in a big shed with heaps of old cars, caravans, boats etc. Do you take your furniture jobs there?

More
14 years 6 months ago #16595 by kennymopar2
thats the place ..

More
14 years 6 months ago #16596 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Re: Powered trailer
I wonder if this will work

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds