Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #248682 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Sometimes Sayings.

You can't have too many toys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #248693 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Sometimes Sayings.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #248695 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Yep

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #248700 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, PaulFH, husky, Zuffen, oliver1950, theabundantlife, lemmiwinks

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248754 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I have been noticing a lot of stuff from that book happening. Perhaps they should retitle it 2024 and rerelease it!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Zuffen, theabundantlife

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248761 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Very true Bruce, so much has changed in recent years it almost hard for me to believe how we haven't even noticed

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, PaulFH

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248787 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Not much has changed really, you still put your trousers on one leg at time, you still get crook if you don't eat your veggies, still mow the lawn and fed cows in the drought at the same time, still have to open the door to get in the truck and spend most of the time in the truck dodging pot holes, all the proclaimed progress is just airy fairy Bullshit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #248788 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Louie the basics of life are still there but what about the quality of life.

In 1949 I would be sealing this message up and putting a stamp on it addressed to you in reply to your letter from the postman in yesterday's morning (or was the afternoon) delivery.

The pressure now to be constantly abiding by imposed standards is making life much harder. Once you would cut somebody off your cocktail (or BBQ) party list if they offended you and that was that.  Now the whole world gets involved and you could even end up in jail for doing no more than speak your mind.

We have unworthy people claiming, and being given, rewards and equality with those who do the hard yards, we have everybody offended - not only for themselves but for other people FFS. The bottom line in all this is every child wins a prize and everyone is entitled to be picked in the "A" team even if they only play to "D" team standards.

As much as we would like to just do our own thing and ignore all the BS in the world "1984" has been coming true ever since it was written. Thousands of new laws have been written since 1949 and millions of public servants, benefit recipients and "service indusrtry" workers have been added to a diminishing group who actually produce wealth.

We can not escape it.

John Donne's words in 1633'

No Man is an Island'

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950, theabundantlife, lemmiwinks

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248790 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Sometimes Sayings.

Louie the basics of life are still there but what about the quality of life.

In 1949 I would be sealing this message up and putting a stamp on it addressed to you in reply to your letter from the postman in yesterday's morning (or was the afternoon) delivery.

The pressure now to be constantly abiding by imposed standards is making life much harder. Once you would cut somebody off your cocktail (or BBQ) party list if they offended you and that was that.  Now the whole world gets involved and you could even end up in jail for doing no more than speak your mind.

We have unworthy people claiming, and being given, rewards and equality with those who do the hard yards, we have everybody offended - not only for themselves but for other people FFS. The bottom line in all this is every child wins a prize and everyone is entitled to be picked in the "A" team even if they only play to "D" team standards.

As much as we would like to just do our own thing and ignore all the BS in the world "1984" has been coming true ever since it was written. Thousands of new laws have been written since 1949 and millions of public servants, benefit recipients and "service indusrtry" workers have been added to a diminishing group who actually produce wealth.

We can not escape it.

John Donne's words in 1633'

No Man is an Island'

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Yes Lang. you still put your trousers on one leg at a time and it's all airy fairy bullshit

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248792 by lemmiwinks
Replied by lemmiwinks on topic Sometimes Sayings.

You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all the time. But you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.

I used to think so too, but after the last few years I'm not so sure any more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, Morris, oliver1950, theabundantlife

Time to create page: 0.720 seconds