Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

More
6 months 1 week ago #249031 by lemmiwinks
Replied by lemmiwinks on topic Sometimes Sayings.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #249050 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I just got home from the Bendigo swap meet.  For those outside Aus, it is said to be the biggest in Australia.  For Grandad, 8pot and others, a swapmeet is an Autojumble.  I talked my wife into staffing my stall while I went around looking for parts I needed, so I had to spend three nights in a motel.  On the Sunday evening, we did have a meal with a lady that my wife had been friends with since they met in the maternity home when they had their second children, forty years ago.  This lady and her husband live just outside Bendigo but this will not count towards my wife agreeing to come to future swap meets.

The weather was so hot on the Saturday that organisers kept reminding everyone to drink water and keep hydrated.

The main day, the 11th day of the eleventh month, is ANZAC day (For those outside AUS and NZ, that is an acronym for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) it is celebrated by one minute's silence at 11am.  The organizers asked over the public address system for the minute of silence and announced when the minute had ended. I was very pleased that everybody I could see, stopped buying and selling and took the minute to commemorate all our service men and women who lost their lives in the course of the first and second world wars and all other wars before and since.

I did see a very funny saying on a sign but I have forgotten it, so you will have to wait until I remember it Ha Ha.

I was disappointed that as usual, our club, the Historic Commercial Vehicle Club of Australia chose to hold their Annual Display on the same weekend, so of course, I cannot be at two places at once.

This morning I saw a saying outside a cafe.'
A wife was saying to her husband "Those penis enlargement pills you are taking must be working.  you are a bigger prick now than you were last week"

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, asw120

More
6 months 1 week ago #249056 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Morris

ANZAC Day is specifically for Australia and New Zealand dated from the first landing at Gallipoli. 25 April 1915

Rememberance Day is worldwide and commemorates all wars. It is dated from the end of WW1 - the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

When we were kids you may remember that everything stopped for a minute silence - the radios went quiet, people stood in the street outside their stopped cars, the trams stopped running and even in Victoria trains stopped on the tracks for a minute. We have lost all this now. Every school certainly had the kids stand for a minute silence - they would not have a clue now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: husky, V8Ian, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
6 months 1 week ago #249060 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Some of us still stop, as a mark of respect and thanks, at 11.00 on 11/11 each year.
i was helping a mate with domestic maintenance this year, we all stopped.

“It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.
It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.
It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.”

― Charles M Province
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950, Swanny, theabundantlife, lemmiwinks

More
6 months 1 week ago #249066 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Gotta say I was a little miffed or perhaps dissapointed on remembrance day

I had to go down the street a couple of times and I didn't see anyone else wearing a poppy

We seem to be loosing our values, or at least our values are changing to ones I don't value the same

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Lang, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950, lemmiwinks

More
6 months 1 week ago #249069 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Sometimes Sayings.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, eerfree, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, V8Ian, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
6 months 1 week ago #249083 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.

The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
6 months 4 days ago #249132 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I went to a posh restaurant last night, some of the prices were making my eyes water so I asked the waiter what was the cheapest meal they did and he said they did boneless chicken for £48 so I ordered it.

Ten minutes later he came back with a fried egg............
The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
6 months 3 days ago #249134 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
As I have no dog to kick I will inflict upon you this evening's latest moronic utterance from our taxpayer funded SBS News.

Elon Musk's Sunday rocket launch exploded as it left the atmosphere. I have no doubt he will keep trying and a good thing for progress.

The commentary over a shot of a giant stratospheric explosion was "Elon Musk's latest  rocket had a massive, unscheduled disassembly"

Where do they find these idiots?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wouldyou, Mrsmackpaul, overnite, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950, theabundantlife

More
6 months 3 days ago #249135 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Sad part is Lang, the fact that the idiot must have rehearsed that line to come up with it at the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds