Skip to main content

Electric vehicles and alternate fuel sources

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239623 by Lang
Hayseed

Are you trying to tell us that doing the same thing over and over and expecting s different result is a marker of insanity?

Great articles.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239625 by ElectricDreams
Oh come on Lang, chin up.
I don't believe people think we are heading for nirvana, and I have not met anyone who does. The blinkered view you paint of people who favour reliables, is the polar opposite for non renewables. One has optimism while the other has doom, but hold a mirror to them and it reverses.

Thankfully the phasing out of coal, then oil, then gas will be like the ramping up of renewables. There is no on/off switch that both sides appear to interpret each others banter as, just transition. We rode the sheeps back till it broke, and we have had a good run with one off minerals for energy that are still going to be with us for some time. Good on China and India I say for paying the bill while we go green. But one day they will go green also because its far cheaper. Like mentioned earlier a solar panel last 25 years, a battery 10, or whatever renewables are chosen, its always going to be cheaper than digging coal or oil to burn for the minute it lasts.

We are an extremely creative bunch down here, but we also not very good at backing each other, sadly just like our politics. We are polar in this country unfortunately, I see that as a leadership issue. If we could learn to back each other and value add a bit of manufacturing, I think the future will be bright. In my view our standard of living is under more threat from career politicians and poor policy than any decline in sales of coal.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by ElectricDreams.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239627 by Mrsmackpaul
Well Loyang is getting the bullet early

Guessing we will all ruined.....or will we ?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 7 months ago #239628 by Mrsmackpaul
I spent a lot of my life getting my start in my life in Victorian power stations

Kinda sad but this is whats gotta happen

A station only had a life expectancy of 30 -35 years and it has already passed that so we have got our moneys worth out of Texas as we called it

Nothing was bigger

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
1 year 7 months ago #239632 by Lang
ED

I rest my case "your blinkered view". Playing the man works both ways.

I agree it will happen but it must be done without damaging our society or economy. ALL plusses and minuses must be given equal credit. There is too much "They, whoever they may be, are working on it or it will sort itself out"

The current debacle with our electricity distribution is caused by many factors but a major one, the rushed early transition to renewables, is brushed over. I just want the transition to be properly run not a constant series of crises caused by political and social pressure to be seen doing something.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
1 year 7 months ago #239635 by BillyP
.What does our latest Prime minister say ............I HAVE A PLAN.................

Isnt this all about carbon dioxide.............??????

some say it will kill us all.............

others say without it we will die......................

I will just have to wait for future electricity bills to adjudicate ................

......................Billy......................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
1 year 7 months ago #239637 by ElectricDreams
All I know if I go sit in the forrest on a hot day, its cool. The leaves rustle, insects buzz, spider webs fly, birds call, and if one is still enough you will see reptiles or mamals.

If that forest cut down for grass and I sit. Its hot and you can feel the humidity coming off the grass. You may see a grass hopper, a moth, perhaps a european bee. But in the whole the activity of nature is significantly missing.

If that grass is turned into bitumen, or even just dirt, its very hot. So hot you feel it radiating up. All you will probably see is a crow scabbing discarded food by the humans. Nothing else uses it. Nothing feeds, breeds or shelters on hard concrete, bitumen, tiles etc.

Since the agricultural revolution humans have been cutting down trees for their own needs, and slowly breeding. Then the industrial revolution start pollution at unprecedented rates on top of that. Now you may see me as dumb as dog shit but to think humans can do what they do and not have an impact on the planet is unrealistic or in denial. The pro fossil fuelers don't seem to have any care or interest in nature or give it any value besides what can be ripped out of it. Rather it is simpley there for them to use as they feel fit in their 90 odd years of life on the plant.

I went to a steam festival down Victoria way one year, with the father in law. It was good to see blokes and their toys enjoying themselves. However I looked around and for as far as the eye could see there was now trees. Maybe I'm blinkered, playing the man, but I think I have found the bloke who likes to control the forum. The one who is always right and chimes in on almost everything. Every forum has one.

So with that Lang, you win. I'll just FO as you got it coved.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239638 by hayseed
It would be real shame if after 3 yrs & 40 odd pages. That this Thread went the way of every other Electric Vehicle Thread...IE: Locked or Deleted & Members spending time in the Naughty Corner...!!!

I suggest that You all.....

Attack the Content of the post & not the poster of the Content

Or that is exactly what will happen...!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by hayseed. Reason: typo & added a bit..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
1 year 7 months ago #239642 by Mrsmackpaul

The current debacle with our electricity distribution is caused by many factors but a major one, the rushed early transition to renewables, is brushed over.

What electricity debacle Lang ?

Paul

More
1 year 7 months ago #239643 by Lang
Paul

Would love to answer but might go on to another subject.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds