Skip to main content

Todays Musings

More
3 years 3 days ago #221061 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Todays Musings

PDU wrote: There are 51 places named One Tree Hill in Australia.

i wonder How Many Railway or Royal Hotels there are In Australia....:woohoo:

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 days ago #221062 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Todays Musings
Clicking the house does nothing for me. What it seems to indicate is the person has entered their location on their profile.

My clicking seems to be : On the house=nothing. People with a house have address in their profile if you click their name. People with no house have no address listed if you click their name to go to their profile.

lang

More
3 years 3 days ago #221065 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Todays Musings
Lang You Hover your mouse over the house Icon.. Do Not Click the House Icon, Because as you discovered Nothing Happens......

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #221066 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Todays Musings
Ha ha Lang, but of course I did a quick search . . .

"There was once over 600 Railway Hotels in Australia, but by the 1920s many had gone. Some had been burnt down – deliberately or otherwise – or even levelled by an earthquake or washed away in a flood."
Author: Scott Whitaker

Buggered if I know how many still exist, although one of our hotels here in Crystal Brook is always referred to as the Railway Hotel, even though it isn't really named that!

PS So where is the little house under your avatar?
Update: Well done Lang, you now have your little house on the prairie. ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by PDU.

More
3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #221067 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Todays Musings
Thanks Hayseed I am not really a hovering type and click on everything. If it does not work I keep left clicking then double left clicking then right click then both click then smash the whole bloody mouse onto the desk.

When I followed your instructions it worked!

Lang
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by Lang.

More
3 years 3 days ago #221069 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Todays Musings
No doubt hayseed's method will work if the member has put his location where he should. Think how much easier it would be if the location came up with the little picture of the person. Is that the avitar? dont know, don't care just want to post things and read other peoples posts.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #221074 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Todays Musings

Morris wrote: No doubt hayseed's method will work if the member has put his location where he should. Think how much easier it would be if the location came up with the little picture of the person. Is that the avitar? dont know, don't care just want to post things and read other peoples posts.

On other forums that is how it works but I have had a look and the changes to this forum is not as simple to make it appear but if I get bored one night I might amuse myself and see if I can figure out how to do it.

As far as the comments about it sometimes not working, that can occur if the mouse is not stationary for about 1.5 seconds, so move the mouse to hover over the image and then remove your hand from the mouse and it should show up if there is a location listed in the profile.

Terry
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by Gryphon.

More
3 years 3 days ago #221078 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Todays Musings
Lang: Was it a coincidence that you mention all the Royal Hotels?

OR Did you check the Crystal Brook Hotels? :unsure:

There are two hotels in town, The Crystal Brook Hotel and The Royal Hotel, but if you thought the Royal is the one that is referred to as the 'Railway Hotel' by locals you would be wrong - it is the other one, due to its location across the road from the railway line. :lol:

Enough rambling for today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
3 years 2 days ago - 3 years 2 days ago #221083 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Todays Musings
All this mouse hovering is a bit hypothetical or something for us non mouse users..... confined to a tablet presently. And just see what a little ranting can do, none of us are out there fixing our toys, we are all hovering mouses over houses.

And from what I hear there might be real mouses hovering over my houses when I get back home.....

And as to Dave 64 lack of projects on show, a lot of former members drifted off to facebook when that was started, some because they were offended by sniping or criticism of their advice or techniques, some just drifted.
And I wonder if others are a bit shy about being or feeling dumb with what they do or what the don't know.
The advice available here is awesome, but once in a while contradictory, which way do you go, and how do you pick..
????????

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 3 years 2 days ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64

More
3 years 2 days ago - 3 years 2 days ago #221087 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Todays Musings
heres a rant......anyone noticed the prices of used machines have skyrocketed?.......Ive been looking for a used excavator around 5 to 10 ton size........there is nothing under $40k,and most are dealer stock around the $70 k mark.....I was also looking at crane trucks .......twenty years old and maybe 2 years left on the Cranesafe.....$50k +,many around $70k..........many with Cranesafe overdue,still wanting same prices ,yet most 20 year old trucks are around $25k.
Last edit: 3 years 2 days ago by JOHN.K..

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds