Skip to main content

Fuel Running Cost

More
1 year 5 months ago #241413 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic Fuel Running Cost

I'm with Lang on fuel being a very cheap liquid, given what goes into getting into your fuel tank.

I think you will find it's cheaper to drive (say) 20kilometres than walk and replace the energy you used to walk the same 20K's with McDonalds food. Well THEY call it food.

For me its so much cheaper to ride a bike 20kms than to drive the truck.
As for food, I can ride to work carrying tools and ride home, all on a couple of tuna rolls for lunch. $2.00 tin of tuna, $1.20 for the buttered rolls from the bakery.
But agree with you that McDonald's isn't food.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241418 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fuel Running Cost

But agree with you that McDonald's isn't food.

I agree with that, I remember watching the movie about McDonald's
Founder is the name of the movie I think

Kroc was the fellas name, anyway they had some statistics at the end of the movie, I seem to recall it had a figure like 5% of the worlds population eat a meal at McDonald's every day

We could Google it I guess but I was stunned

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

More
1 year 5 months ago #241432 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Fuel Running Cost
Several years ago my Wife and I went to New Zealand for a couple of weeks including Easter. The price of fuel is/was regulated (by the Government?) and was the same all over the country/ I said to my Wife "I wonder how much fuel will go up over Easter?. I was amazed to see on television that fuel was to go DOWN by ten cents per litre for the Easter holiday. It did too.

My friend there says fuel is now about 20% dearer than I pay here.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 5 months ago #241435 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Fuel Running Cost
MrsMackPaul,
This is several comments after yours but better late than never.

Paulie, I never handed part of my wages back to the boss but eight years ago I rented a house from my mate. He wanted, I think it was $670 per month. I told him I could not take it for less than $1000 per month. I started paying $1000 at the start of each month into his bank account. I told his Wife that I did not want the monthly bills and receipts she was printing and handing us. She stopped sending them but a few months later she complained that we were getting so far ahead with the rent that the accounts looked silly. I told her to put the rent up. She must have done so because she did not say anything about it after that. We stayed there for four years until we could buy a place of our own.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul

More
1 year 5 months ago #241442 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fuel Running Cost
Morris

We are all different when it comes to spending, some people I know haggle for hours when buying a new car, others I know just accept the first deal offered as they believe you should leave money in for the dealer

Interesting the one that haggled for hours was really well off and could of bought any car they wanted, the one that just took the deal was a truck driverand was comfortable but not what I would of called well off

But when it comes to getting paid it is always a whole other story

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 5 months ago #241448 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Fuel Running Cost
That’s why the one that haggled for hours has got money. I love buying a new car every 5 years, just to listen to all the extra useless add ons they try to sell you, and keep telling them no thanks, and then they try to pass you on to a sales woman. Not sure which of the two I loathe the most, car salesmen or politicians.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 5 months ago #241452 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fuel Running Cost
Ah yes, the notorious "Ming Moll".

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
1 year 5 months ago #241454 by overnite
That’s her. You’ve met her I assume. She’s ever so nice, even when she realises she’s on a hiding to nothing.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241457 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fuel Running Cost
I reckon Subaru Australia purposely ordered all 2014 Foresters with the front side glass untinted, so their dealers would have something legitimate to upsell. That's all she got out of us. We would have done it anyway.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
1 year 5 months ago #241463 by overnite
A lot of cars nowadays have “privacy glass” everywhere except windscreen and front doors. Which is dumb because you can always get the dealer to add tint to the front doors, and many other options for free if you haggle with them till they just give up because they want the sale. Besides the BS they tell you, they are still making a tidy sum, plus they make it up in fixed price services.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds