Skip to main content

Fuel Running Cost

More
1 year 5 months ago #241334 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic Fuel Running Cost
If it’s not a typo you bett get down there with a couple of 44/s for me and I’ll be down to get them by lunch time tomorrow

Bluey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241338 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic Fuel Running Cost
I remember my Pop keeping an eye on petrol prices, and putting 5 x 44's on the back of the ute and filling them up when the price was "right".

I also remember pumping them all out with a rotary hand pump when he got home.....................!

Brett.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241340 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Fuel Running Cost
I also remember all sorts of fuel trouble from using fuel in drums ,or onsite fuel tanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #241342 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Fuel Running Cost

I also remember all sorts of fuel trouble from using fuel in drums ,

Even when the fuel came in sealed brand new drums it was trouble water and crap would get sucked int the drum when it heated up in the day and then cool at night. The price of fuel is the price of fuel even when I was a apprentice filling my Kawaka 9 for less than $2.00 it stung and made a big hole in my $14 weekly wage by the time I paid for my room there bugger all for tucker, I now pull up in my F100 work ute with a 7.3liter turbo diesel V8 motor put in 160 liters ever couple of weeks, and the is plenty left over to buy a box of beer, a bottle of some nice, redgo a few old cars, go out for dinner fill the fridge with tucker, maybe go to the pub for lunch Sunday on the old Kawa 9, if you don't like the price of fuel don't look it's not as if you have to scratch around to find a few coins to have enough price of fuel is the price of fuel it has never been cheap.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by 77louie400.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 5 months ago #241343 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fuel Running Cost

I also remember all sorts of fuel trouble from using fuel in drums ,

Even when the fuel came in sealed brand new drums it was trouble water and crap would get sucked int the drum when it heated up in the day and then cool at night. The price of fuel is the price of fuel even when I was a apprentice filling my Kawaka 9 for less than $2.00 it stung and made a big hole in my $14 weekly wage by the time I paid for my room there bugger all for tucker, I now pull up in my F100 work ute with a 7.3liter turbo diesel V8 motor put in 160 liters ever couple of weeks, and the is plenty left over to buy a box of beer, a bottle of some nice, redgo a few old cars, go out for dinner fill the fridge with tucker, maybe go to the pub for lunch Sunday on the old Kawa 9, if you don't like the price of fuel don't look it's not as if you have to scratch around to find a few coins to have enough price of fuel is the price of fuel it has never been cheap.

Berzackly

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #241347 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Fuel Running Cost
I am hard pushed to think of another liquid as cheap as fuel. Bottled tap water - forget it!

When you consider the exploration investment, drilling, recovering, numerous multi-thousand kilometres long pipes and pumping stations and trucking events, million ton oil tankers across oceans, refining and distribution, billions is taxes, excise and royalties plus the retail service station costs it is an astonishing cheap commodity.

Most milk is more expensive and certainly tomato sauce, beer, washing liquid and whatever else you can think of.

Lang
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 77louie400, Zuffen

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #241351 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Fuel Running Cost
back talking about supply and demand. When we were preparing for the floods and we had all sorts of people and businesses helping out, people filling sandbags, construction companies donating people and equipment to build levees and fill sandbags, quarry companies donating the sand for the sandbags. The transport companies moving machinery and sand around for nothing and helping people evacuate, electricians helping people isolate their homes and solar panels to minimise damage, food businesses taking prepared meals to the volunteers and evacuation centres for free etc, the fuel companies raised the price of diesel by 52 cents a litre. The following day when Rochester flooded and there was no way to head out of town safely it went up another 47 cents a litre. That's called profiteering and it happened at all 14 service stations within 3 minutes but there is no collusion!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by bparo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
1 year 5 months ago #241356 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Fuel Running Cost
Typo $2.27.5/ltr

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241359 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Fuel Running Cost
I'm with Lang on fuel being a very cheap liquid, given what goes into getting into your fuel tank.

I think you will find it's cheaper to drive (say) 20kilometres than walk and replace the energy you used to walk the same 20K's with McDonalds food. Well THEY call it food.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #241361 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Fuel Running Cost
What a great[strike] excuse[/strike] reason to drive the car rather than walk 400 metres to the nearest shop. Thanks Zuffen I will give that scientific argument a shot with management.

Just found out you burn roughly your weight in calories per kilometre while walking eg if you weigh 90kg you will burn 90kcal

A big Mac has 563kcal and costs $6.50

Therefore you can eat a Big Mac every 6 kilometres with impunity.

Therefore If it is 6 kilometres to the shop (12 return) you will need to buy two Big Macs to replace your walking energy burn at $6.50 per Big Mac. The trip will cost you $13

If you have a car getting 6km per litre you will use 2 litres return trip at say $2 per litre for a total cost of $4.

This gives you a saving of $9 allowing you to buy a free Big Mac plus Fries.

Who would have thought you could eat at MacDonalds and make money doing it!

Lang
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, asw120, V8Ian

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds