Skip to main content

Fuel Running Cost

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #241464 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Fuel Running Cost
A salesman's job is to sell and without them we would all be living in caves. Unfortunately you can not make a living with a fixed price honesty box in front of the fruit shop.

It all started in the Rift Valley when one bloke offered 4 pieces of fruit (under which he had hidden a rotten one) to another bloke for 4 Wooly Mammoth steaks (under which he had hidden last weeks hunt leftover steak).

Caveat Emptor - Buyer beware. The principal of a good deal is to get the best price possible and value for money on both sides. If you buy add-on foxtails for your aerial the salesman put up his story but he never held you down and ripped $50 out of your wallet. Only you can do that and at some stage in the discussion you must have wanted them. Buyer regret is about kocking yourself not the salesman.

How many buyers robbed some old lady out of her recently deceased husband's tools or saw a deal by screwing some poor bugger who was desperate to raise money.

The law recognizes we are all big boys and girls and it does not come into effect until there is blatent misrepresentation, lies or falsification. Trying to sell your bananas in the market square against 6 other banana sellers allows embellishment and theatrics, interesting or eye catching displays and even failing to point out blemishes- the good side is always up - the buyer has to bear most of the load in his decision. Do you want fries with that?

A real estate agent is a Salesman. He is not a buyer, you are the buyer. He is always on the side of the seller - even if you go to him to find you a house - and is there to present their offering in the best l;ight possible. Eactly the same as buying bananas or foxtails the final decision is the buyers.

Just be thankful we do not live in countries where almost every single purchase is subject to negotiation and haggling. Haggling is tedious but nearly always results in both parties considering they got a good deal.

It is fashionable to be a victim but most times it avoids responsibility for your own actions in your mind.

My take on it anyhow.
Lang
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, asw120, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #241469 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fuel Running Cost
Pretty spot on Lang

I might add, thats why we dont speak about some subjects
Religion
Money
Politics

Or at least that was how I was bought up, I definitely never talk about how much paid or sold something for, I can be feeling quite happy qith myself about a deal and some one finds out what I paid then it they could of got cheaper, or can has a mate that has one for free and so on

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
1 year 5 months ago #241472 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Fuel Running Cost
The degree of tint on the front doors is controlled under the ADR's.

We all drive around with illegally over-tinted front windows but who ever was booked for it or failed rego for it.

I failed rego once going over the pits for a new rego on an older car but that was over 30 years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #241473 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Fuel Running Cost
Yes Paul, seller's regret is in there too.

I absolutely hate if I advertise something thinking that I have a bit of fat to come down to an offer. Then the first bloke nearly rips his wallet in half getting his money out to pay my asking price and for the next two hours there are messages from Sydney, Perth and New York offering above the asking price if I will hold it for them.

Nothing to do but go ahead with the sale. I have had a...s sell me something, I paid a deposit then when I went to pick up the vehicle or whatever they hand me my deposit back and say "sorry mate I sold it for a better offer"

Lang
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds