12 years 9 months ago #52108 by Humehwy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #52109 by Humehwy

More
12 years 9 months ago #52110 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Trucking The early Days
G'day Humehwy, was the top pic taken at Diesel Services in Clayton ? (where Atkinsons were assembled).

More
12 years 9 months ago #52111 by Humehwy
Replied by Humehwy on topic Re: Trucking The early Days
I'm not sure a friend of mine had those pictures his family drove trucks it is a melbourne picture someone will remember the place

More
12 years 9 months ago #52112 by prodrive
Great pics Humey! Keep em coming...

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #52113 by Ryan
Replied by Ryan on topic Re: Trucking The early Days
spoke to my dad about these trucks, saying how cool they were. he drove the Acco before the KW. He was driving one and Darron Vardy in the other.
He also got caught in Coffs HAbour when the strike was on in this truck and 'Bogo' then had a driver in the Ford, and they were both stuck there. Before working with John, my dad was building bullbars in his shed and the bullbar on the LNT was one he built.

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Ryan.

More
6 years 11 months ago #183082 by xspanrman
Great pics of LOD-CO-Op. I didn't realize that they had been around for so long.Thanks Mark. Here are some more of the trucks that worked for them.
F86 Volvo owned by Don Bradford parked at Nubley Brothers Fairy Meadow about the late 60's. After the Volvo Don ran a Black R Mack and then a F Mack on the coal. He then had several trucks on interstate and a couple of years back retired.

The ERF is pictured at Hills Truck and Bus Sales on the Princes Hwy Fairy Meadow. Hills imported the truck from England and was sold to Tom Firth from Bellambi who carted coke to Melbourne with it. In the early 70's it was sold to Bob Maxwell of Thirroul who carted steel from Port Kembla to Sydney for LOD CO-OP
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #183290 by xspanrman
Here is a couple more of LOD-Co-Op's owner drivers trucks that carted coal out of South Bulli mine.
The orange Fiat belonged to Vic Bussoletti of Wollongong and was repowered with a 8V71 GM.

This Fiat also owned by a resident of Wollongong. I don't recall the owners name but it was replaced by a red colored bonneted White that was in the area for years.

The Dodge was owned by Phil Gallagher of Bellambi. I am not sure if he worked for LOD or Brambles when he was carting coal out of South Bulli mine.
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #183294 by mercskeepmeinajob
Fantastic pictures, thanks xspanrman.
I enjoy looking at all the other things around in the picture too. How long is it since you've seen a shovel hanging on the headboard of a tipper?

More
6 years 11 months ago #183298 by 235mack
Replied by 235mack on topic Trucking The early Days
When was the last time you seen a driver get off his a##e and undo the tail gate ?

Time to create page: 0.686 seconds