Skip to main content

The Old Machinery Magazine Forums

More
15 years 2 months ago #7306 by huppypuppy
Well, I am now officially a subscriber to the wonderful magazine called The Old Machinery Magazine and also a member of their forums!

Anyone who would like to follow me into the forums is invited to go to: tommforums.thepagesmith.com/index.php and register - you will need to be approved by Elenore and her crew before you can post!

Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #7307 by
I'm already a member of the TOMM forum Joe . Dave

More
15 years 2 months ago #7308 by huppypuppy
Dave,

I am too!

Joe

More
15 years 2 months ago #7309 by bparo
I thought I saw you there Joe, I am there under another name. Look up the article Glovebox Generator and you will see the smallest item in my collection (The Inter you see on here is the biggest one)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 2 months ago #7310 by huppypuppy

I thought I saw you there Joe, I am there under another name. Look up the article Glovebox Generator and you will see the smallest item in my collection (The Inter you see on here is the biggest one)

Bruce,

You will always find me in any forums - I always make sure if anyone I know is there, I use the same username for all forums!

Joe

More
15 years 2 months ago #7311 by JimmyDodge
Hi Joe, err, aren't you W924SAR on Werkhorse's "Truck mad people" forum? Please don' t think I am bagging you mate , you are right, you have to have a dream , and you too can have your picture taken beside a refugee from the scrapyard like I did ,on my "lack of progress report " thread on the forum, remember mate , only $2500.00 and a similar piece of " aussie trucking history"could be yours .
And by the way why should you be happy having no truck when the rest of us are tearing our hair out trying to keep/ restore these old nails going?
regards Harleigh ;D

More
15 years 2 months ago #7312 by huppypuppy
Harleigh,

You found me! I am showing my loyalty to the old SAR - don't like the T404/408SAR much..... too square in the front and the front mudguards ain't right - if they made them a tad rounder like the old one, I might change me mind!

Me old man would not let me keep a truck in bits at our place..... hence the idea of keeping the original purchase I had in mind at my mate's place......

Joe

15 years 2 months ago #7313 by

Me old man would not let me keep a truck in bits at our place.
Joe

Joe, just lash out, buy a truck and bring it home.....

It's always easier to get forgiveness than permission...

More
15 years 2 months ago #7314 by huppypuppy
VK3UAO,

The truck in question is the exact same model as your truck but the one I am thinking of is a 1850/B with a turbo 6.354 Perkins - the only problem is that I want mine to look like a rellie's former 1830/A which had the German D358 diesel.....

Which means shortening the chassis, changing the engine, finding a tipper body, ram, PTO and pump... might just give up and be a good son!!!!

Joe

PS: I will find something at the right price.... the 1850/B I'm looking at is $5390 including GST and is worth $3300 cash!

More
15 years 2 months ago #7315 by huppypuppy

Bruce,

Found ya! You HardWorkingMan???

Joe

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds