Skip to main content

The Old Machinery Magazine Forums

15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #7316 by
That TOMM site is the biggest prick of a forum program out, and is no better than the previous one they used. I gather they picked up both programs in a fire sale at a weekend flea market.

To add to that .. I was registered on the previous forum .. did a number of posts to actually get the numbers up to more than one every 3 days .. suggested that they might like to get a better forum program .. then got a snooty answer from some moderator, along the lines, that the program was just fine - and spending any more than 5c on a new forum was unwarranted .. as most forum users were apparently happy to keep using the internet forum equivalent, of a party-line phone .. ::)

Anyways .. I never went back for about 2 years .. now, just last week, a search turned up a NEW forum program (surprise! - surprise!) .. but then .. I found I had to register AGAIN .. and got a note, saying a moderator would be in touch with me in due course .. ::)

It appears nothing much has changed .. or maybe they put me on a hit list .. because I've waited 10 days, and haven't seen that wonderful email yet .. maybe I'm just impatient .. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #7317 by bparo

Me old man would not let me keep a truck in bits at our place..... hence the idea of keeping the original purchase I had in mind at my mate's place......

Joe, I see from another forum your father has tractors, go looking for a tandem trailer to carry them on and come home with a truck to save wear and tear on the family car. That's what I did! You just need to be a bit creative :)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 2 months ago #7318 by huppypuppy
Bruce,

Which forum might that be??? I has me soooo many forum memberships I have lost count and cannot remember them all!

I would get my mate, David Swain of Outback Recovery Service in Dubbo, to use his brand new JTB drop-deck tilt/slider and Scania R113M but it would be a pain in the backside driving around the countryside truck shopping!

Refer to a way-to-buggery earlier post I made about "Good Looking Fleets these days"..... you remember that green and white NTI AccidentAssist coloured MAN F2000 with Outback Recovery Service on the front..... he owns that one too!

Joe

15 years 2 months ago #7319 by
Joe i got one forum i dont think you on that is Antique Tractors forum lots of trucks on this one plus lots of other things

More
15 years 2 months ago #7320 by huppypuppy

Joe i got one forum i dont think you on that is Antique Tractors forum lots of trucks on this one plus lots of other things

Dave,

If you supply the address, I won't be able to help myself! I will just join and make a fool of meself!

Joe

More
15 years 2 months ago #7321 by Andy Wright

VK3UAO,

The truck in question is the exact same model as your truck but the one I am thinking of is a 1850/B with a turbo 6.354 Perkins - the only problem is that I want mine to look like a rellie's former 1830/A which had the German D358 diesel.....

Which means shortening the chassis, changing the engine, finding a tipper body, ram, PTO and pump... might just give up and be a good son!!!!

As exciting as a cheapish ACCO might be, Joe, given the amount of ACCOs around, it might be worth tracking down one which is a bit closer to what you're after rather than chopping this one in half, changing the engine, buying a body etc and incurring the wrath of your Dad!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 2 months ago #7322 by Andy Wright

That TOMM site is the biggest prick of a forum program out, and is no better than the previous one they used.

I can recommend a blog worth looking at... ;)

More
15 years 2 months ago #7323 by GM Diesel
Andy, where the hell did the word blog come from ?...sounds like something you do in the bush when your camping :D
Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 2 months ago #7324 by huppypuppy

That TOMM site is the biggest prick of a forum program out, and is no better than the previous one they used.

I can recommend a blog worth looking at... ;)

Andy,

I know which one you are talking about - ;) ;)

Joe

More
15 years 2 months ago #7325 by Andy Wright
Nah, it's what you find in modern trucks when someone's tried to put the electronics back together and used the equivalent of chicken wire and putty.

Web-log, Baz = blog. I guess Web diary doesn't sound as spiffy.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds