Skip to main content

why we no like jap!

More
13 years 11 months ago #18406 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Hi KW, Westco don't sell any UD's any more, MacQuarrie where the UD dealer in Townsville and Cairns, Westco in Mackay and Rocky, but I think Mack/ Volvo may be selling them now. Westco took over Premier Trucks in Townsville, and the Fuso dealer in Cairns. Westco have had a bit of turn around since all the global amalgamations. They where the origonal importers of UD, and where heavily involved in Mack, but now they sell Freightliner, Sterling, Fuso and Mercedes Benz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18407 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: why we no like jap!
mack volvo are selling UD here in Rockhampton

13 years 11 months ago #18408 by
Replied by on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Mack/Volvo are also the dealers in Melbourne.

13 years 11 months ago #18409 by
I think Volvo owns UD, or has some kind of alliance with them now.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18410 by bigcam
Your right JmackB, Volvo owns UD, Renult, Mack.
Mercedes Benz has Sterling (now dead), Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso, and I think Detriot Diesel.

13 years 11 months ago #18411 by
Bigcam

Dont talk to load or Swishy might hear.

So that means that we will see the UD's at the next Mack Muster. >:( >:( >:(

Trevor

More
13 years 11 months ago #18412 by bigcam
Indeed Trevor, UD's, Volvo's, Whites, Berliet's, Renault's, and Mack (if the're still around and havn't been absorbed into the Volvo corporate monster), one and the same.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18413 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Sorry to burst the bubbles of those not just mocking UD's for use as roadtrain prime movers, but Jap trucks in general.....

I happen to have with me the current issue of Diesel and on page 50, there starts a 4 page article abour C.B.L. Betts of Mildura..... they have 2 UD's (a older CW445 Fleet Air and a new GW470 Air) on double trailer roadtrain work! Who said UD's aren't suitable alternatives to the trucks we're used to seeing on roadtrains, Mack and Kenworth???? C.B.L Betts haul bentonite in two side-tipper roadtrain assemblies hauled by both the CW445 Fleet Air and GW470 Air from the Arumpo Bentonite mine at Mildura to the processing plant!

Joe

More
13 years 11 months ago #18414 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: why we no like jap!
wow im overcome with orgasims with that latest news

13 years 11 months ago #18415 by
People who can't afford real trucks, buy Jap trucks to road train with. The Japs make fairly good little trucks up to 8 tonners .. over that, they fall into the also-ran category. They just don't have the massive strength of a heavy duty truck. The cabs are made out paper-thin metal, they are designed to only last 10 years .. the engines are screamers, not luggers .. with most Jap diesels pulling 2800-3200 RPM.

The bigger trucks, particularly Isuzu's, can't supply a gearbox capable of any serious torque or long-term reliability. The bloke road-training with UD's will have to trade them in within 3 years to avoid any serious overhauls. Huppypupp, remember that articles in magazines are mostly pure BS, written by journos to please the people who've given them a test drive. Maybe you should take up journalism, you can write up a lot of $h!t, too .. ;D ;D ;D

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds