Skip to main content

why we no like jap!

More
13 years 11 months ago #18416 by disco
Replied by disco on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Trevor, re ud's at next mack muster,if they've got a shitsu on the bonnet maybe ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

Cam, dont forget WHITE was broke when V@#$o came along and it was their way of getting into the us, dropping the WHITE name cost em dearly, it's only now there making inroads,but like over here the cry still goes up "bloody V@#$0's

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18417 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Disco, Gary Richards from Mack/Volvo came for a ride with me in the green White in the parade on Saturday at Beenliegh, Gary said, I'd better be carefull if someone sees me, I told him it was cool because Volvo bought White. I would have been worried about being seen in a Volvo

More
13 years 11 months ago #18418 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: why we no like jap!

The bigger trucks, particularly Isuzu's, can't supply a gearbox capable of any serious torque or long-term reliability.

That's not quite true, Onetrack. In NZ all the big Jap trucks (UD, Mitsi, Hino, Isuzu) do supply a gearbox like you describe. It's called a Fuller Roadranger!!!!! All the distributors of Jappers fit it as standard equipment here.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18419 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: why we no like jap!
even some of the older 8 ton hino & UDs use roadrangers

More
13 years 11 months ago #18420 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Actually Ron, Vic's right, the UD's when they where first introduced in the early 70's at 230 odd HP where not to far behind the rest, I'll admit they didn't have the torque a Mack has, though the PD6T was a plodder, and it didn't have enough power to do any damage to a 9 series RoadRanger, or those big 48,000lb diffs. There is still one working out at my cousins place, an old CW40 early 70's, and an ex Western Transport truck, 45 tonnes gross on a bogie trailer, and has given very little trouble for a great many years. I must admit, it's pretty flat out there.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18421 by kennymopar2
another "famous" motor to use the roadranger was the 392 inter v8 petrol . . the roadranger would never wear out ! mainly because the motor had enough power(just) to turn the internals to lubricate the gears :-X

. :D

13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #18422 by
Replied by on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Well .. yes .. I knew they put RoadRangers in the Jap trucks .. but that was only at the insistence of dealers and buyers here, I thought, and only after much pressuring of the Japs.
When I was talking about crap gearboxes, I was talking about Jap-built gearboxes .. and in particular, that 7 speed Isuzu POS .. :(
The Japs just don't build a gearbox with any serious torque capability.
Cam - hauling 45 tonnes with a single trailer, isn't road-training, in my book .. I was talking about the use of Jap trucks for road-training .. :( .. and yes, they'll pull a single trailer, O.K. ..

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #18423 by kennymopar2
excuses excuses the japs make a good box for the job intended
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by kennymopar2.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18424 by truckmad
Replied by truckmad on topic Re: why we no like jap!
i dont see what you have against ud's! my brother has an 8 tonner ( yes 8 tonner i undertand) but i think its a very reliable truck! 6 speed but it happily cruises at 110 clicks all day with out a wimper... but the main thing is reliaility and it hasnt let him down once in the 5 or so years he has had it :D but i think they look alot smarter than other trucks if you ask me :P if they got there horsepower up i think the market would explode IMO.....

More
13 years 11 months ago #18425 by kennymopar2
my older UD (1985 cpb12) its only a 8 tonner ..but with trailer im grossing 16-17 tons . . not one mechanical problem ..except for a kit through wheel cylinders ..and the old 5 speed box its a lot stronger than what was ever in any acco i had . . although with my driver the clutch will need doing soon :D

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds