Skip to main content

early english vans

More
10 years 6 months ago #129030 by Albion
Replied by Albion on topic Re: early english vans
thanks asw120
There were a lot coverted to camper vans here in Australia but in England there were some refurbished out like the Californian ford vans from the states and a few had v6 Capri motors and chevy v8's as well.
The English car scene was hot in the 70's.
I know of some running jag rear ends and chevy 350's as well as custom interiors.
They looked like sleepers and went like the clappers.
cheers alby. [smiley=beer.gif]

sure as the sunrise

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #129031 by Albion
Replied by Albion on topic Re: early english vans
Hey bigcam,
Thanks for the pic's certainly a good restore,
Windscreen rubbers all new,everything top notch. Paint is superb.
Classy color also, looks great mate.
Can't fault it.
Beaut van, would love it.
The first pic seems to show a stain on the tiles near the front tyre.
Maybe the staff test and tune sat arvo's?

sure as the sunrise

More
10 years 6 months ago #129032 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: early english vans
Alby, I'd doubt the staff there would give the old van a sideways glance.
The sort of place that unless you are wearing shoes AND a shirt the level of interest drops off considerably. LOL.

More
10 years 4 months ago #129033 by hypermung
Replied by hypermung on topic Re: early english vans

Yessir!! That purple Morris JB Van is the ORIGINAL Bugly!! ;D ;D I did the mechanical restoration, and was close to starting the body when I sold it to the chocolate factory! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hey Albion - you wouldn't know if the people who own the wagon in the top photo have a spare wheel for it? I'm chasing one for one of my projects, which is an ex-oneofthese Fordson 10/10 commercial vans that has been cut down to an 'extra-cab' pickup. 8-)

HEY BUGLY.......Is this the beast you're looking for?

[IMG

Found this recently on a rust finding trip.. I thought early English Ford?

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #129034 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: early english vans

Yessir!! That purple Morris JB Van is the ORIGINAL Bugly!! ;D ;D I did the mechanical restoration, and was close to starting the body when I sold it to the chocolate factory! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hey Albion - you wouldn't know if the people who own the wagon in the top photo have a spare wheel for it? I'm chasing one for one of my projects, which is an ex-oneofthese Fordson 10/10 commercial vans that has been cut down to an 'extra-cab' pickup. 8-)

HEY BUGLY.......Is this the beast you're looking for? Found this recently on a rust finding trip.. I thought early English Ford?

Hey hypermung ... YOU'VE FOUND ONE!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] And there's another one lying alongside by the looks!! :o Are you able to grab both of them for me at all?? ::) If you can I'd be VERY grateful!! :) :) :)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Bugly.

More
10 years 4 months ago #129035 by hypermung
Hey hypermung ... YOU'VE FOUND ONE!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] And there's another one lying alongside by the looks!! :o Are you able to grab both of them for me at all?? ::) If you can I'd be VERY grateful!! :) :) :)[/quote]

No problem Mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] .....
Yes, that's the other one lying next to it on the ground, but if you look closely you'll see it has a little flat spot @ the 4 oclock position but should repair ok... I'm going out there again early new year with a trailer to grab some other rusty goodness so I'll throw those in as well...
Do you want the axle & wishbone too?
[IMG

[IMG

This is what I'm going to retrieve, so if you know anyone with a drivers door for an early IH L-160, then I'd be grateful to you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #129036 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: early english vans
Thanks hypermung, appreciated. I'll let you know about the axle ... I'll climb under this week and check out the one under Clarry and see how straight it is. ;)

That cab and front end look OK!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Bugly.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #129037 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: early english vans
Ahem, er, ah 'scuse me an sorry fer interuptin' a suprisingly interesting thread but,
(ain't personally never much bovver meself wif "Tractors and Other old stuff")

What's the protocol of getting stuff "off the land"?
I know someone owns or controls the dirt part but especially in desert country, one often sees interesting bits of gear laying about seemingly collecting nothing but age and bullets while miraculously surviving the elements and passing scrub fires.

Should you just pick it up or is it polite practice to try and find the land owner first?

I does seem such a waste to just let it lay there draining away unloved and unwanted.

just saying,

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
10 years 4 months ago #129038 by hypermung
No worries Bugly....
The cab I'm going to get is totally incomplete with only the 2 running boards. Nothing else inside except the seat springs & frame... No chassis, diff, engine / box, axle, springs or front end sheet metal... The other front end is off a 39 Dodge (I think), but totally cool. 8-)...
What good is it all some may ask ?....... Well, bring these 2 pieces together & all I can see is RAT (is that a prohibited word on this forum too?), so it will be saved in one form or another.
I'm starting to get 'off topic' mate, so PM me when you have a gander under Clarry......
Cheers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #129039 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: early english vans
Hypermung,
(re:rat, sh-h-h-h they don't officially know we're here yet. If we don't talk about it. . . it ain't happening.)

::)
-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Bobsboy.

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds