Skip to main content

Wooden caravans

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131400 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Hi,
Event Chat? Nah, wrong kind of event.

Pic's from Work? Yah, coulda (I was getting paid).

Classic old cars, caravans and neat old trucks? Well I'm not going to try starting anything like that as a Topic around here anytime soon. ;D >:(

Wooden Caravans? That restriction went by the board long ago.
So, Wooden Caravans it is; (sorry Tractor Guys)

Some pic's I took at work of Caravans, Classic Old Cars and Neat Old Trucks; ;D
Caravan & Camping Lifestyle Show.
Adelaide Showgrounds, February 2015
All descriptions from Official Show Programme

1929 Replica Eccles Wind Up with 1928 ford Model A

1946 Grey Horne

1952 Fargo Ute

1960 Dodge Phoenix

1957 viscount

1968 Baravan & 1972 Holden Statesman

A left hook 1960 Chrysler New Yorker, for sale, $30,000 fully restored it said on the window placard.
A HUGE lump of Iron with a grill big enough to do a small truck proud and a bumper bar fit to do serious harm to small game and kill pedestrians on contact.
The passenger seating area though, isn't much different from a Camry or modern Commodore.

It wasn't a hard days work, but someone had to do it. :) :) :)

cya

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Bobsboy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #131401 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Please lets not encourage these sort of pics as there is a forum for this type of gear some where else on the internet, so just remember what says at top of each page .

HCVC Vintage Truck Forum..... not old caravans etc forum . Dave

9 years 2 months ago #131402 by
Dave, take a step back and have a look at the Category that this was listed under.
Tractors and other old stuff.It says for example tractors,
stationary motors,steam engines, old outdoor lamps etc.
I think wooden caravans come under the etc section.
Loosley. :) ;)

More
9 years 2 months ago #131403 by Mac 57
Replied by Mac 57 on topic Re: Wooden caravans
DD.
Tractors & Other Old Stuff.
An area to talk about other old items of interest that are NOT trucks,utes,fire engines or busses etc. I think old caravans should be covered in that heading.
I was sitting in the pub having a quiet drink and feeding the dog sitting next to me pretzels when a bloke came up to me and pointed out the sign above the bar that said "No Dogs Allowed" and asked me if my dog bites and I said no. With that the guy proceeded to pick the dog up and take it outside,and got badly bitten. He then proceeded to abuse me about lying to him and I just said to him "Thats not my dog"
If you dont like the show maybe change the channel?

Cheers
Mac.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131404 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Dunno about all that deadly dave I dont mind a trip down memory lane and most of the pictures have utes in them anyway keep on going Rodders and -b variety is the spice of life

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131405 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Wooden caravans
I think few people would be on the forum unless they are interested in trucks but there is a majority? who appreciate other old things. This can be the only reason the founding fathers put in the section on non-truck old stuff in the first place.

If you look at the numbers, the caravans have over 24,000 and they regularly include associated commercial vehicles. The old ski boats, which can not claim any truck relationship like the caravans, have 28,000!

If you go to the historic truck section you can only find 3 or 4 subjects which even approach this number of lookers and those have taken up to 4 years to build to that amount. Historic Trucks Topics 307 Posts 4,800 while Old Stuff Topics 905 Posts 8,000.

We are still talking about the interaction of men and machines, equipment, tools, construction and the full spectrum of transport whether wheeled, winged, tracked or hulled.

The old stuff section is obviously meeting the needs of a very large number of our old truck people with a wider view of history than just trucks alone.

Lang
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Lang.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131406 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Well , if we listened to Swishy , He reckons Bedfords and Volvos aren't real trucks. So how about we remove them off the forum
Roland does not like America trucks or Leylands ,So are we going to remove them to please him.
I am sure most here would have a pet hate .
.There would be nothing left of the forum if we remove what others don't like .

More
9 years 2 months ago #131407 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Wooden caravans

Well , if we listened to Swishy , He reckons Bedfords and Volvos aren't real trucks. So how about we remove them off the forum
Roland does not like America trucks or Leylands ,So are we going to remove them to please him.
I am sure most here would have a pet hate .
.There would be nothing left of the forum if we remove what others don't like .

You summed that up in a few lines another person who could right greeting cards :D :D :D

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

9 years 2 months ago #131408 by
G'day all.
Yes Ianoz, I have said that I don't like American stuff ( except the MACK B61) or any Leylands, but I also accept that many people don't like the same trucks as me.
We all like different stuff.... Thats what makes the forum work.... "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."
Lets carry on exchanging.

Cheers
RS :)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 2 months ago #131409 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Wooden caravans
YES
I am not on Volvo or Crummins xmas card list

n probly a lot others tooo