Skip to main content

Wooden caravans

More
9 years 2 months ago #131410 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Top pic's bobsboy, glad you put them up [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #131411 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Well its nice that few of you dont agreed with me but I think there is a place for this subject and it's ....... Dave

More
9 years 2 months ago #131412 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Dave , our moderators do a pretty good job of keeping things in place .If it was in the wrong forum ,i think they would have moved it . If it was not approprate for the forum ,it would have been deleted .

More
9 years 2 months ago #131413 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Love the pics. Keep them coming.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131414 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Wooden caravans
This section was added to the forum as the result of a vote at a club meeting the day this was created.

I know because after the meeting I went home and created it.

At the displays there are an increasing number of vehicles being displayed with a van of the same era. There were even several at Yarra Glen!

The forum needs to move with the trends to stay relevant. In another 13 years some of the early posts in "Modern Truck" will be 25 years old and therefore historic.

The point is that industry and hobby trends are changing all the time and the HCVC and forum need to move with those that affect our hobby

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 2 months ago #131415 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Further to my above post if you don't want the Tractors section the correct method to have it removed is to provide feedback as specified in the announcements.

Likewise if you enjoy these sections provide feedback the same way asking for it to be kept.

After all if 4 people object to a section but 400 are in favor the decision is effectively made for the committee.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 2 months ago #131416 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Mate

I don't think you need formal feedback. It is there to see and the people vote with their feet. The Visits, Posts and Replies numbers are a real time indication of what the masses like, and more importantly, an indication of whether the forum is meeting the needs of its members.

It is helpful if a tiny few will take the time to either complain or compliment and that gives an opportunity to fine tune and adjust the rules.

I think the old stuff section is the second most visited section of a forum which in its entirety is a well run interesting place to come.

The moderators are doing a great job and compared to many other forums the members posts are relevent, well mannered and extremely interesting.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldpart

More
9 years 2 months ago #131417 by fxs80
Replied by fxs80 on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Thanks for the pic' s, l loved the walk down memory lane. Just like to point out, no matter what the article it is about it is usually well described in the topic. If l Don't think it is of interest l MOVE ON. I love the variation & this forum has been my goto during my recuperation since l still can't get back in the 'shed'
Gary

1939 D2

More
9 years 2 months ago #131418 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Wooden caravans
Gary,,,, Good to see fxs80 back posting :) :) :)
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
9 years 2 months ago #131419 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: Wooden caravans
it all boils down to the fact that if you are not interested in a particular subject then don't read it.simple as.

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds