Skip to main content

Husky LT19538 Deck Repair

More
3 years 1 month ago #219540 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
I think those fine gauges are for tig. I set my mig at 12 to 14, based on a book back when from manufacturer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219541 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
Thanks Paul. I have seen other MIGs set up for between 10-15 and they were working well but if not out in the wind you may well be wasting gas. I am in a little bit of a breeze but not much. Now it appears to be working better I will back it down to where it was around 10-12.
Yeah, no shortage of rain, hunidity and sunshine here and yes the grass has taken over the world. Just as well we have around a dozen usuable mowers as back ups of which Big BOb the SuperSwift came to the party today and ate it all down to the usual level. A sheep would not last long around here especially at the price per kilo in the shop.
So after the lawn and edges were done it was back to the deck. I would guess I am past half way with the rust holes but the next half will require some accurate measurements to get the idler pully and its pivot point back in position. At least so far the spindles are sitting t the same height and one idler pulley is too. I will put up more pics tomorrow of the patch working which is back on track nw the MIG seems to be ok again. This will NOT win any beauty contest but it WILL work.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219545 by cobbadog
This is where I got to yesterday at and of play. In the middle of last night I remembered I had to take Lorry in for his rego inspection (health check), So I spent all morning giving him a bath and making him look better and only found a blown globe wrong so he is ready. Rest of the day was called off sue to lack of interest.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
3 years 1 month ago #219577 by cobbadog
I have been taking great care in keeping the height of both spindles the same. However stranger things have happened in the past and I have even thought about a Plan B incase this happens. I can use flat washers between the spindles and where they mount to the deck.

At least this part is cut out and ready to make that large piece. The small piece has been cut to size and will be welded in next time I get back to it. I have taken all the needed reference points to fit the idler pulley back in place. You can see a small pulley with a broken rusty spring on it. This is the tensioner for the brake on the spindle pulley to stop the blades rotating when the belt is not engaged. I will refit the pulley just because I can but I will update this idea and fit another standard spring the same as the other side and fit almost the same way and place. New spring will be around $3.00 so will buy two of them. A new drive belt has been bought already for $20.00 and although there has been a total of 3 out of 8 bolts that hold the spindles in place had broken. I have drilled them out and cleaned up the threads with my tap set and new bolts will be bought tomorrow when in town next. The job initially looked daunting but now at this stage I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and no, it's not a train coming.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
3 years 1 month ago #219585 by Mrsmackpaul
The light you can see is because some joker has cut a ruddy big hole in your deck :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Coming along nicely

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 1 month ago #219598 by cobbadog
If I ever find the mongrel (no pun intended) that keeps cutting these holes in this project it wont be pretty.

So here is the next large piece of the puzzle ready to weld in place and guess what, the thunder storm is just starting up so packed it in for the day. So with the 2 pieces made to weld in place I only need to make one more band of steel to go around the arc which does not take long to make and shape because it is on an angle I make it wider than needed then sit it in place and measure the height at each end as it will not sit flat on the new patch then draw a line from the ends at that height to nothing in the middle and the job is done. I leave it sitting proud and can trim off the excess and if I leave about a centimeter I can dress that over for added strength.

Attachments:

More
3 years 1 month ago #219601 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
My sister does patchwork quilting and she has traced your photos for her next bedspread. She did say she normally does not have that many patches on a king size bed cover.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219605 by cobbadog
I know Lang it is a real work of something but not art. At least it i getting closer. I have purposely not taken any pics from underneath but I will once these last pieces are in place. No shortage of penetration so that's good, I think.
Once the welding is done I will tidy it up on the under side to try and get a smooth finish, with in reason so it doesn't become a built in grass catcher.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219609 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
If you squint hard enough it looks sort of like a mower deck:-)

More
3 years 1 month ago #219614 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
Feel your pain, John. My MTD's not much better. All new mechanicals and now it's spitting grass into the drive belts, making them slip....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds