Skip to main content

Stuck Tractors and Queensland Floods

More
2 years 2 months ago #232433 by JOHN.K.
What a beaut little tractor..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #232437 by allan

Thought you might push yourself out with the backhoe. Then again probably don't want to bugger up the yard if there are no pressing jobs.

Lang

Looks like a linkage mounted backhoe. Might not be designed for that sort of thing, perhaps better of with Plan B - whatever that might be.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #232439 by asw120
This is the state of things. I have more impressive "rivers" elsewhere on the place, but this is the front yard. That's an inch of water flowing across the yard in the previous picture. I spent hours last night and this afternoon with the hoe and the rake. I appear to have saved the shed. The carport flooded, but I don't think anything really got damaged, just wet.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by asw120.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Southbound

More
2 years 2 months ago #232441 by asw120

What a beaut little tractor..

It would be if it wasn't made in China. It's great when it's working!

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 2 months ago #232442 by asw120

Thought you might push yourself out with the backhoe. Then again probably don't want to bugger up the yard if there are no pressing jobs.

Lang

Looks like a linkage mounted backhoe. Might not be designed for that sort of thing, perhaps better of with Plan B - whatever that might be.

Yep. Mob who sold it to me never delivered the bracket that holds the 3PL down. By the time I realised the importance of it, it was far too late. I can pull it out, but not lift it out. It can wait.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #232443 by Lang
Our road on the Pine River has been closed for two days. Bev tried to go for supplies today but was turned around by SES and police. I suppose we will have to struggle through with only half a ton of food in the freezer and pantry. After the beer runs out I will have to resort to wine stocks (about 40 bottles at last count) then go onto the spirits - why is life so bloody hard!

Water over the road in front of the house but not in the yard. Only pain is the septic system is being overwhelmed and the down stairs toilet level rises and falls with the tide in the river which is only 30 metres away.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
2 years 2 months ago #232444 by asw120
I feel your pain with the septic, Lang. I have been pumping ours and next door's out for weeks, now this....

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
2 years 2 months ago #232445 by cobbadog
I operated back hoes for many years but unless your hoe is locked in position it is a no win situation.
Once out get it locked up then you have 2 choices to get out of that predicament.
Front bucket down hard but front edge pointing up so it doesn't dif in then push yourself forward as you lift the back wheels up.
Front bucket down then lift back wheels up and slew one way and keep lifting and dropping and slewing until your wheels are out on solid ground.
Boy how I don't really miss them days but enjoyed them at the same time.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
2 years 2 months ago #232447 by JOHN.K.
The rain seems to have been a whole lot lighter all day..........chance for the water to run off..

More
2 years 2 months ago #232448 by JOHN.K.
Backhoes....the Massey 50 serafin had ...one time was driven into a service station on the back of a truck caused $70k danage to the servo,the Massey was working next day..........one time ,the ACCo with the Massey on the back got stuck,Serafin reefed the whole lot out with the backhoe still on the truck....Picked up the whole tipper with the hoe.

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds