Skip to main content

Stuck Tractors and Queensland Floods

More
2 years 2 months ago #232450 by asw120
Cheers, Cobba. Bucket's off at the moment (takes up 200 of the 500 Kg lifting capacity). No tree close enough to the front. Previously have chained front bucket to a tree and curled it to pull myself out.
Backhoe will just lift up on the 3PL without the bracket. I haven't thoroughly considered pulling it out backwards with the backhoe, yet. Will require two people. (one on the tractor) I will wait for it to stop raining. No rush.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #232451 by asw120

The rain seems to have been a whole lot lighter all day..........chance for the water to run off..

Hasn't even slowed down, here....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 2 months ago #232455 by wee-allis
Looks like a linkage mounted backhoe. Might not be designed for that sort of thing, perhaps better of with Plan B - whatever that might be.[/quote]

Yep. Mob who sold it to me never delivered the bracket that holds the 3PL down. By the time I realised the importance of it, it was far too late. I can pull it out, but not lift it out. It can wait.

Jarrod.[/quote]

Jarrod, when I had the misfortune to be selling those Chinese tractors with a backhoe, they had to be fitted with a subframe, not only to allow them to work correctly but those that didn't have one fitted would eventually destroy the 3 point linkage mount on the top of the transmission. The stress of the slew function was being taken totally on the 3PL arms and transferred to the housing causing it to come loose. This would also void the warranty on that part of the machine.

Still, treated right, they do a good job for what they are.
Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 2 months ago #232456 by V8Ian

This is the state of things. I have more impressive "rivers" elsewhere on the place, but this is the front yard. That's an inch of water flowing across the yard in the previous picture. I spent hours last night and this afternoon with the hoe and the rake. I appear to have saved the shed. The carport flooded, but I don't think anything really got damaged, just wet.

Jarrod.
Yell out if you need a hand, Jarrod. I'm high and dry here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 2 months ago #232457 by Morris
V8Ian I love those Studbreakers/ Stupidbakers. Sorry about the rude names for them but a mate calls my beloved Morrises "Morasses." I call his Commer badged Hillman Ute an "Uncommon"

What is the Ute we can see in among the trees? Not the Toyota, I can see the name there.

No rain here as yet but it is coming. Just gale force winds all day for the past two days but all still now. The term "The eye of the cyclone" comes to mind.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #232458 by Lang
Taken 10 minutes ago at my place. Right at the top of the tide but lucky they are not big tides at the moment. We are the highest point in the street and the poor buggers down the road have water through their ground floor. They are releasing from the South Pine Dam and it has really pushed the river level up and over 100 road closures in Moreton Shire.

Also just had an incident where a complete f...wit sightseer in a Landcruiser charged down the road a foot deep making a huge bow wave that inundated the lower homes' bottom floors. We have a dead end so on his way back a neighbour ran out and stopped him soon to be joined by others. I could hear the discussion from 100 metres away. A very chaste idiot departed the area at a slow walking pace.

Lang

This is what it is supposed to look like. From a sales pitch for the houses next door on either side about 6 months apart. The blue board construction in the first is now the white mansion in the second. My shed is the big one out the back and you can see the beaver-tail tray for the Poodle Mack in front of the shed.

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120

More
2 years 2 months ago #232459 by Lang
Never seen anything like it. This picture of right now has not changed for three days. It does not move like normal weather just stuck between Sunshine Coast and Tweed Heads. They say no change for another 3 days!

More
2 years 2 months ago #232460 by asw120
That looks a bit scary there, Lang. Hopefully this is the worst it gets. (and hopefully your septic does not behave any worse!)
A good thing your neighbours got hold of that idiot!
Keep safe.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 2 months ago #232461 by asw120

V8Ian I love those Studbreakers/ Stupidbakers. Sorry about the rude names for them but a mate calls my beloved Morrises "Morasses." I call his Commer badged Hillman Ute an "Uncommon"

What is the Ute we can see in among the trees? Not the Toyota, I can see the name there.

No rain here as yet but it is coming. Just gale force winds all day for the past two days but all still now. The term "The eye of the cyclone" comes to mind.

That is the International. (ASW120). Retired a few months ago, replaced by the Land Cruiser (an old Studebaker model name!). It would usually be where the Land Cruiser is and will be back there today.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 2 months ago #232462 by asw120
V8 Ian: all good mate, thanks for the offer. It's all runoff. If we go under, it would be a bit catastrophic. I'm about level with the Mt. Crosby Rd overpass!

Cheers, Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

Time to create page: 0.604 seconds