Skip to main content

Stuck Tractors and Queensland Floods

More
2 years 2 months ago #232463 by asw120
Wee Allis sed: Jarrod, when I had the misfortune to be selling those Chinese tractors with a backhoe, they had to be fitted with a subframe, not only to allow them to work correctly but those that didn't have one fitted would eventually destroy the 3 point linkage mount on the top of the transmission. The stress of the slew function was being taken totally on the 3PL arms and transferred to the housing causing it to come loose. This would also void the warranty on that part of the machine.

Still, treated right, they do a good job for what they are.
Steve.

That's another part where I didn't know they break! I have split it to replace the flywheel housing because it broke there. I find the backhoe needs a very fine touch on the controls. I read that some put restrictors in the lines. Some sort of soft stop / bypass on the slewing valves (or adjustment of same) would help.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #232466 by Zuffen
We've had around 500mm of rain on our place and have watched 200tonnes of fresh top soil head toward the Hawkesbury River, never to return.

Also been struck by lightning and have lost almost all of the electronics in the house. We can't lock the house and have no security as the gates don't work and the security system is also down. Lucky we have 4 Border Collies!

Now I can fight with the NRMA who after 5 days have achieved nothing.

At least we go our Sparky on site the same day and saved the contents of the freezers.

Our son (the Computer Geek) got the internet working after replacing hubs, routers and WiFi trasmitters.
n
Our biggest problem is an 80metre Cat6 internet cable buried underground is fried and it looks like we will need to dig a new trench and replay a new cable.

I'm sure the insurers will bleat and carry on a treat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH, asw120

More
2 years 2 months ago #232470 by JOHN.K.
When you look at a Massey 40 or 50 backhoe,everthing is mounted to a fabricated steel frame that sort of encircles the tractor.,and is the loader frame as well. .......makes them difficult to work on for sure............theyve all got their faults........the big wheel JCB 4 CX s have special parts in the Perkins motor that cant be bought since JCB dumped Perkins.......the backhoe hydraulics is driven from the timing gears of the Perk..........dont buy one,even if its cheap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, asw120

More
2 years 2 months ago #232478 by cobbadog
On the old Case 580 and 580B models I could do the lot by myself. When you sat on the back hoe seatit was partly over the drivers seat so I could operate the backhoe levers with my right hand and the front bucket with my left. I would crowd the bucket all the way back, push it down to lift the front then lift the back end up then push with the hoe and crowd the bucket out at the same time. You could balance the lot on the hoe and have all wheels off the deck.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 months ago #232482 by wee-allis
That's another part where I didn't know they break! I have split it to replace the flywheel housing because it broke there. I find the backhoe needs a very fine touch on the controls. I read that some put restrictors in the lines. Some sort of soft stop / bypass on the slewing valves (or adjustment of same) would help.

Jarrod.[/quote]

Jarrod, had to do a similar repair on a couple of those Eastwing bombs. The problem with those was the fact that the brace bars from the top of the bucket mounting post to the bottom of the front frame had slotted bolt holes to make it easy to line up. However, with Chinese streatchy bolts which come loose, this allows the tractor to flex when using the bucket, causing the bell housing to break. Plated with correct holes and HT bolts fixed the problem.

In saying all that, yours doesn't appear to have those brace bars fitted so the problem would be compounded.
Steve

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #232487 by asw120
Steve: The issue on mine was that the FEL could lift far more than the tractor could handle. To be fair, the load was off-centre on the bucket, as well.
Good thing the parts are cheap.

On another note, the power went out in the early hours, but the rain has stopped. The runoff is down to a manageable level. The highway is cut both east and west, as is Mt Crosby road north and south, so could not take the wife's car in for a new windscreen; easily re-booked. The Woolies is open on generator power. The Petter / Brush noisemaker combo is doing a sterling job. (lucky the neighbours are over 50 metres away on both sides!)
Let's hope that's the end of it.

Lang: how did you go?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by asw120.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #232494 by JOHN.K.
I see the shed I was in at 62 Blunder Rd Oxley under water again.............I was there 20 years,and had some nervous waits on the high tide,....one time water got just over the lowest parts of my floor..............the catch there is when your shed is starting to go under,there is already 4ft of water on the road outside.............I once drove my 1300 through deep water there,its deepest outside the service station........the boat guy next to me reckoned there was bubbles of black smoke coming up behind the Inter,,,water was just level with the bottom of the windscreen....one guy tried it in a hot holden....enough revs turn the water to steam?......nope bent all the rods in his smallblock to right angles..........one of the mechanics left his compressor going...it was running underwater..........In 2011 water was 10ft over the floor,in 1974,water was up to the guttering ..about 18-20ft.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
2 years 2 months ago #232502 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 months ago #232503 by hayseed
I assume it's still rising Lang..??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #232504 by Lang
Went to about six inches. Today found all the wood floor carpets lower plaster etc stuffed. Circuit breakers popping so a problem there.

Other people have water over the roof so I cant whinge too much.

Got a container coming for all the stuff. Insurance ok so just a black jelly bean in the lolly jar of life.

Lang

Ps the shed is a metre higher so no problems there.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, xspanrman, Zuffen, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds