Skip to main content

Stuck Tractors and Queensland Floods

More
2 years 2 months ago #232542 by JOHN.K.
It was like a cyclone with no wind........On Sunday.the rain was heaviest Ive seen for a long time,when suddenly it stopped about 10pm Sunday night.....just stopped ....eerie silence........Seen claimed more rain than the 74 flood by about 25%.............this is the difference between Brisbane and Northern rivers...they got no dam to hold part of the water back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #232546 by cobbadog
Tacho you sure that wasn't a nightmare you were having 'thinking of me'. Yeah we are all good here at the moment with full Rivers around the district and they mentioned possible minor flooding but I have not seen or heard of any so far. wee-allis they did also make a petrol model too so you would not run over the power cord. When I was a little bloke I used one at the local pool for the manager who then offered up free entry and food for a while until he realised that I could eat a hell of a lot.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tacho

More
2 years 2 months ago #232602 by Zuffen
Lang,

Any chance of an update of how you're going?

More
2 years 2 months ago #232603 by Lang
Floors carpets and walls stuffed but all downstairs. Needed replacing anyhow and insurance ok.

Have brought in a container to put stuff. Buggered after filling and carrying 62 boxes of books plus all the other crap I never knew I owned.

The cook is adamant that less than 50% will ever darken our doorstep again. I have already rescued a couple of small treasures from the dump trailer unbeknown to management.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, Southbound, V8Ian, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 months ago #232613 by hayseed

The cook is adamant that less than 50% will ever darken our doorstep again.

Lang

Of which, The vast Majority will be Your Crap Lang...... Ask Me How I know This...:sick:

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Lang, Zuffen

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds