Skip to main content

International AB130

More
10 years 8 months ago #124160 by carmoda
Hi,

I have been a forum member for a little while however I have finally adopted my first historic truck. As the title suggests its an Inter AB160 4x4.

I would love some tips on where i could find good resources either on the web or business that can help with restoration and running of the truck.

It's 99% complete and running with exception of the brakes.

International AB130 All Wheel Drive caretaker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124161 by oldgmc
All I can say is don't rush into it, stand back have a good look first, maybe you can post some photos and try the Were to get it section of the forum, and remember its your vehicle so do it to your satisfaction good luck.

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124162 by bigcam
Hi Mate, a couple of tips if you want to get the most out of the forum.

Just use this one thread to ask where you can get stuff. If you start a new thread every time you are looking for something it'll put your restoration in a lot of places. The one thread will give it a bit of history to what you have done.

I see on one of your threads you are in Brisbane. Go into your user CP and put where you are from in there. When you are looking for things, everyone will know where you are then.

Put some photo's up. I know it is daunting a bit to start with if you haven't done it before, but get a photobucket account and upload some photos too that and the rest of us will talk you through it. If you put up some photos you will get everyone's attention and are more likely to get a bit of feedback.

All brake and clutch at Rocklea will have or will be able to get all the brake parts for your truck.

Thanks for the link to the story on the Moonie Pipeline, very interesting.
Have you got any links to Red Ru articles in the same publication?

Oldfulla has a couple of Red Ru pics, and I think I may have too. Try and get a picture of your truck up.

All the best, Cam.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124163 by Mrsmackpaul
Well AB160 4x4 I would have thought was a bit rare wonder what it was from new fire truck maybe ? good luck doing work on it hope it all works out ok as I am sure it will cant wait to see some photos but will have to I guess .Cant help with any parts suppliers as never owned an Inter but I am sure someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction .
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 8 months ago #124164 by carmoda
The Old Girl....

4X4 AB160 - Ex Red Ru Truck.

International AB130 All Wheel Drive caretaker

More
10 years 8 months ago #124165 by asw120
That looks like a nice unit. There is a C1300 in Ipswich in similar/same colours.
It looks like a 120, though, not a 160. The 160 was much bigger with 20" wheels. Not sure if they were 5 or 6 stud.
Appears you have the rims for the bigger tyres (wider flange) and the bigger tyres fitted. Are they 8.25, or 9.00?
I've heard of 130's too, but they're not in my books and never seen one in person.
The tag on the left door should tell you the truth if it's original. Good luck with it and would love to see it around when you get it on the road. That makes four old 4x4 Inters around Ipswich that I know of. (and there must be more that I don't know)
Brake parts can be reconditioned and most other stuff is about if you look. Be careful with the front brake drums - they are almost unobtainable.
When you need specific parts, let us know and someone here will point you in the right direction.

Cheers, ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 8 months ago #124166 by bigcam
This 130 still lives at Rocklea, my apologies for the poor quality of the pictures, they are scans of prints off scans.

[IMG

[IMG

More
10 years 8 months ago #124167 by bigcam
As I said, Oldfulla has a couple of pictures of what looks like a 6X6 C1800 Red Ru truck, I've got one of another 6X6, I've no idea what make of truck it is, GMC? The picture was taken at Allora about 5 years ago. Prices at Dalby had 2 the same around the same time, this one could even be one of them.
[IMG

All Brake and Clutch at Rocklea will be able to re-sleeve all the cylinders on yours, reline the shoes and skim the drums as well as make new hoses. Wouldn't be a big deal to get it stopping again.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124168 by rb057
G'day carmoda,

AB??? 4x4 has to be a good truck.

As ASW120 said, looks a lot like our recent acquisition an AB 120. overall size, wheels/bolt pattern etc.

Yours looks too short in the wheelbase to be a 160. The AB120/130's were either 114" or 126" wheelbase, and they shared the same 6 stud wheels. I would expect the 160's to be 153" or 171" wheelbase.

I note you're in Boonah, we are not far from Jimboomba. Happy to catch up and compare notes some time.

Regards
Roger

AB120 4x4

More
10 years 8 months ago #124169 by Beaver

I've got one of another 6X6, I've no idea what make of truck it is, GMC? The picture was taken at Allora about 5 years ago. Prices at Dalby had 2 the same around the same time, this one could even be one of them.

Almost certainly a GMC CCKW

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds