Skip to main content

International AB130

More
10 years 8 months ago #124170 by bigcam
This is an ASW 160 looks to have a lot heavier axles under it.

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124171 by Coupeute
Looks like maybe the front clip and badges off a 160.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Coupeute.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124172 by carmoda
No, i'm just a dunderhead. It is indeed an AB130. I have 160's on the brain as i was looking at 160's for the past three years. In fact; the truck i went to see (that was advertised) was an AB160 4x4 as well.

apologies to all.

embarrassing entry to what is turning out to be (for me) a great online community.

International AB130 All Wheel Drive caretaker

More
10 years 8 months ago #124173 by asw120
I'd love to know the difference between the 120 and the 130.
I have an AA parts book (no 130 4x4) and C and D books (no 1200 4x4) , but no AB book.
Does it have the big-knuckle front axle like the C1300?
Does it have 4.88 gears (120's have 4.77)
I imagine it has heavier springs as well.
Must have more knowledge.... :o
Thanks, if you can help. ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 8 months ago #124174 by Mrsmackpaul
thats a great little drilling rig there bigcam gonna have to find me one of those 8-)
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 8 months ago #124159 by carmoda
Replied by carmoda on topic International AB130
Hi,

apologies, this is a new thread. i stuffed up my previous thread on my truck 'naming it after a different model' duh!

old thread here: www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1376801156/

Question: I was wondering if someone here can help me. My AB130 is missing the handbrake linkage from the back of the cabin to wherever it is supposed to connect. diff - gearbox etc?

I assume it might have been to the diff and then the drums. However, not all hand brake systems are the same.

I have included two photos, one of the remaining section of linkage sticking out from under the cabin and one of the rear section (diff and rear axle)

Anyone who knows this set-up who can identify what is missing that would be most appreciated. I have a few leads as to whom might have spares.

International AB130 All Wheel Drive caretaker

More
10 years 8 months ago #124175 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: International AB130
No worries Mate, consider it spliced.
There is the remains of one at Prices at Dalby.
This Picture was taken in 2008, so it doesn't look like this anymore, and I can't remember what is left on it. Best to give them a call first, or if you like looking at old cra p, just go for a drive and have a look your self.

[IMG

More
10 years 8 months ago #124176 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: International AB130
well it looks like your missing the band that goes around that drum on the tail shaft should be pretty easy to track down something I would think .I tell you what your a lot smarter than me youve posted? I think thats what its called to the top not the bottom like the rest of us must no people in high places ;D ;D ;D
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 8 months ago #124177 by rb057
Replied by rb057 on topic Re: International AB130
Hi Carmoda,

As Paul said the band (and the springs, pins and cam) is missing from the brake drum on the rear of the transfer case. I believe these parts are common to the 4x2 models (if it was fitted) also.

I don't have the parts manual, but some photos from the work shop manual and from underneath our 120.

Looks like you still have the brackets remaining on the transfer case, on either side of the brake drum.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Roger

AB120 4x4

More
10 years 8 months ago #124178 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AB130
Carmoda, the pics Roger sent you are what you need, but beware the handbrake band on the 4x4 has an offset on the mounting post. Instead of being at 9 o'clock, it's around 10 o'clock. I would think one could be made out of the other with some new rivets. I have a spare which could be used for a sample if needed. I might have a couple of 2 wd bands as well, but don't think I have all the small parts.

ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds