Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
6 years 1 month ago #191967 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Hi 600Dodge I not a trucker and I must be a bit slow, with the nudies I thought you spelt it wrong, it was not till today that I pulled up behind a truck, that I worked out what it was all about. Yes a bit slow. Cheers Fill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #192166 by Fill
Hi all I finished the tow bar.It was dark when I finished, so I put some new batteries in the dog so that I could see, to clean up
[img
100_3223 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3224 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, Dodgeydude

More
6 years 1 month ago #192167 by Fill
[img
100_3225 by fill quinn , on Flickr
For a chippy my welding is not bad
[img
29390781_2025672924423377_279296395_o by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
6 years 1 month ago #192168 by allan
Replied by allan on topic Fill's Bedford
Light's seem to have died again in 2nd pic.? Love being here with you, but not much I can do, sorry boss.

More
6 years 1 month ago #192174 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Fill's Bedford
Did you pull the carpet up in the Lounge Room?

More
6 years 1 month ago #192176 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Fill's Bedford
Love your work, Fill.
Those towbar end plates are magnificent. You will be able to tow the Queen Mary with that.

If you had not rolled up the loungeroom carpet, sparks from the welder might have set the house on fire! Then again, maybe that is not the lounge room, maybe it is the dog kennel, you being a builder and all that.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
6 years 1 month ago #192178 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fill's Bedford
Great stuff Fill

Not at all how I would have done it !!!! a lot neater and more professional than my work for sure

Clever dog that one ;)

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 1 month ago #192321 by Fill
Hi all It is called hindsight." You would do a thing differently". I would get everything blasted. I thought I was doing O K, but it is a bit like this, if you used a hammer and cold chisel all your life, then someone came on site with a jack hammer and they knew how to use it.
You start to think you have been waiting a lot of time. I thought I was doing a good job. With the paint prep I was advised very wrong. But that is a story in itself. If I was getting any blasting done I would use this guy. The inside of the 800 mm long square, is as clean on the inside as the out side and the inside of the hitch just as good. The four bits to get done was only $40.oo Very nice guy to deal with and I don't recommend just any one.
[img
100_3241 by fill quinn , on Flickr

More
6 years 1 month ago #192322 by Fill
[img
100_3232 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The pieces are raw steel not primed
[img
100_3231 by fill quinn , on Flickr

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #192348 by Fill
I primed the tow bar today ( yes, not very exiting ). But what was interesting, is I know that blasters re-use their media so I thought the tow bar would be hit with soiled media, so I got a clean white rag and wiped it down with Prepwash -nothing came off!
It took a lot of primer to get cover, this is because of the blaster made the surface a bigger area ( because of pitting ). I like that on the tow bar because it makes it harder to chip off paint. The painter that is doing the cabin, sanded the whole cabin before he primed it. I think that was a good idea, because there would be a waste of paint, and if he did not, he would have had to sand it after the primer. That would take the hills off and he would have to prime all over again. With the tow bar I am doing no sanding ( two different things).
I hope this was interesting.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers Fill
[img
100_3242 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim, Dave_64, Southbound

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds