Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #191691 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Fill's Bedford
Magic reply :woohoo: I never doubted you, or what you're doing, the results speak for themselves and are a credit to you. Must say though that your response gave me a few laughs; thanks ;)

What a load of bloody needless red tape it all is, Really miss how it used to be . . .

and PDU wanders off mumbling to himself absentmindedly . . . :blink:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191702 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Sorry Sarge-X It took a while to get back to you. I put a straight edge on the wheel on both sides, and up to the tray. Where it is sitting at the moment, there is a difference of 6 mm ( quarter inch ) so I am happy with that..Thanks for your interest Cheers Fill

More
6 years 2 months ago #191705 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Fill's Bedford
I havent had a truck regd in Qld for while.....but the rule was pre ADR ...no seat belts required .....another problem you may strike with fitting belts is they have an age limit....With the towbar...Id leave it off until the truck is registered,then fit it with the comp. plate in place....A truck that age should need no approval for a towbar..........I know downrating is problematic,cause they want the big rego money.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #191709 by Fill
Ih John Thanks for your interest. Seat belts here in vic. The truck came out with only one lap for the driver. The rule here is you do not have to have seat belts if it came with out seat belts, (there is a year also ) but if they had seat belts you have to maintain them,and keep them road worthy. The keeper said she would not get in the truck unless it had a proper seat belts. ( yes it took me a while to make up my mind ) With the tow bar I am not sure what is the go is. I can unbolt it as you said and worry about that later.
Long story here goes . I take out about five men out of a old persons home once a month and take them fishing. I have a volunteer bus driver. But if he is sick or away, for some reason. I thought it would be a good idea if I had a truck and bus licence. And I would like to do up an old truck. I went to Vic Roads ( in person big mistake ) I asked if I can get a truck licence because I have Sleep Apnea. She said that would be fine. I said that I would like some one else to speak to. She got her boss and he said no worries. He got the boss of the whole place just to make sure. Third person said no worries So I bought the truck. Total cost including transport $1800.00. I was happy, I went to get a truck licence I ticked the box that said Sleep Apnea. That is were it all went wrong. They said I had to get a report from the sleep doctor. two hundred and and fifty dollars. A medical from a G P . I failed the sight test ,one and and eighty dollars. I had to get a report of the sight doctor past no worries, another tow hundred dollars. all that I could not clam back.. I sent all this information in to Vic Roads and they lost it. I sent it all in again they said they wanted a bit more information, about the the Sleep Apnea. I said enough is enough for get I want a truck licence. They said if do not keep going they will take away my car licence.so I kept going and got the OK But if I got a truck licence I would have to get a report off the sleep doctor and the GP every year. More money. now I am going to just have a car licence. Cost every two years one hundred and eighty dollars for a G P report. because I went in person and did not ring up. Vic Roards had no records. This all took three months, that I was in limbo. There is a lot of people out there that snore. Most would have some degree of Sleep Apnea ( be careful ) John, that is why I am getting the truck de -rated. ( P S I still take the boys out fishing once a month ) thanks for reading. Cheers Fill
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Fill. Reason: doubled up words

More
6 years 2 months ago #191711 by Fill
[img
28643092_2013354628988540_1103538540_o by fill quinn , on Flickr
Sorry I forgot the photo Cheers

More
6 years 2 months ago #191724 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Fill's Bedford
Fill,
Been following the Beddy rebuild and can only admire your work and attention to detail, you really are doing a fabulous job.
As far as the red tape involved with your licence/registration hassles, all I can say is stick with it,
in the immortal words, "..don't let the bastards get you down!"
As has been written too many times on this forum alone, when we're dealing with bureaucrats we have to remember that half of these university educated clowns have absolutely no idea of what's going on in the real world, the textbook says "..........." and allow for no deviations!
Thanks for sharing, the temptation must sometimes get too great to just throw the hands in the air and join the buddies on that river bank, can't say I'd blame you (or them!)
Dave.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191728 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Fill's Bedford
Phil,that is one hard luck story.......would have been cheaper to hire a limo for the oldies.....I got roped into the volunteer busdriver lark......almost.....cause I knew from fixing deathtraps aka coaches that i would need a "authority" with a medical..........I said...OK, I you pay for the medical......NOPE.......well,I cant drive the bus without a authority........which brings us to tellin the doc that you have had .......any one of a dozen ailments that will put you on a bicycle .

More
6 years 2 months ago #191733 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Fill's Bedford
An older friend of mine told me many years ago that once you get to retiring age the government will be working hard to relieve you of three things: Your money, your license and your house and from what I have seen and heard over the years he was right on the money.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #191742 by Fill
Thanks 600Dodge, Dave 64, John K, PDU, Mrsmackpaul, ASW 120, Sarge-X, 180 Wannabe,and last but not least Swishy and all that make comments .All feed back is great. At the moment I am waiting for my guards to be bent up. My tow bar brackets to be laser cut. It is hard to be leave I am looking for things to do, until I get the cabin back.I have bought some white mud flaps. I have a brother in-law, who is in the sticker game. He is going to make some up. It looks black, but it the same colour as the truck.( green ) I think it looks a goer Cheers Fill
[img
100_3214 by fill quinn , on Flickr
I did this free hand I hope the brother will strighten it up
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Fill. Reason: adding

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #191749 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Fill's Bedford
Fill, Rule #1 the only things you tell authority is, name, rank, serial number.
Rule #2 Never volunteer information or work duty. And as Johnny Cash once said, " always act dumber than you really are, That way you get to stay in the shade that little bit longer.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by overnite.

Time to create page: 0.970 seconds