Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
6 years 3 months ago #191045 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Thanks Sarge _ X Someone told me that I had over twenty thousand views so to the others thanks for looking. I feel like a celebrity.I dropped the cabin and doors off at the sand blaster yesterday we decided to change the blaster at the last minute. The guy did a great job, he uses a material called garaett, I picked it to day and took it to the painter he was very happy Cheers Fill.
[img
100_3135 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3137 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3138 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #191047 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Fill's Bedford
Fill your doing a exceptional good job there mate, your putting me to shame, a man with your talents will go far

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Mairjimmy. Reason: Correction

More
6 years 3 months ago #191048 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Fill's Bedford
Actually it's 20.7 k views Fill

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
6 years 3 months ago #191052 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fill's Bedford
Looks like you got an exceptionally good cab there.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 3 months ago #191083 by Fill
Thanks asw120 and Mairjimmy. I went to the truck show at Longwary there was a small swap market I bought a wheel brace that I went to a Bedford owner there and it fitted $5.00. There was a lady she was selling a mixture of things, one thing that caught my eye was some metal cut outs Holden, Ford, Ned Kelly and so on.I asked if she took special orders, yes and it was the same price, $50.00 I sent a photo to her of what I wanted and I picked it up today. Very happy Fill
[img
100_3139 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim, roKWiz

More
6 years 3 months ago #191093 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fill's Bedford
That looks awesome! Well done.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 3 months ago #191107 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic Fill's Bedford
Loving it Fill. I take it that's laser cut out of sheet steel.
Great work :)
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

More
6 years 3 months ago #191169 by Fill
Thanks Pierre and asw120 When you go to truck shows, things start to catch your eye. One thing a lot of restos do no do is the quarter vent window. I am now a bit more understanding. There would be a lot out there that know, the E H Holden and the models around that time had quarter windows - the Bedford has the same. It has a hinge point at the top witch is made by a rivet. I did not know, it was a stepped rivet until I drilled it out . This how I made the rivet.
[img
100_3145 by fill quinn , on Flickr
As you can see the the rivet has a step in it. So when it is flared the step that is a bit longer than the metal it is going threw stays loose.Most would drill the second hole bigger and put a bolt through. I felt that there was not enough meat around the second hole to do this .
[img
100_3157 by fill quinn , on Flickr

More
6 years 3 months ago #191171 by Fill
First I had to find a pipe about the same size as the step. Because I do not have a lathe I made do.The Knock In. had the right size hole for the bolt, the out side diameter was a bit big.
[img
100_3146 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3147 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3150 by fill quinn , on Flickr

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #191172 by Fill
It is such a small thing to make, I think if you could buy them, you would get about fifty for ten dollars. But I made mine, I think most of time was spent thinking. Thanks for looking Cheers Fill
[img
100_3156 by fill quinn , on Flickr Ps I hope you find this RIVETTING
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Fill. Reason: adding
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, tim, Dave_64, Mairjimmy

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds