Skip to main content

Austin K2 Restoration...Pictures Needed

More
6 years 8 months ago #185661 by Lang
If you do not want to put blinkers on just get some orange globes and put them in the park lights (you can live without those). If you are fussy you can get very bright LED globes that just fit the old bayonet socket in the park lights, they are clear but operate orange.

There are cheap blinker arms that attach to the steering column on ebay. The wiring diagram is very simple and you can hook up to the old parkers very quickly. Rear lights are easy, just choose an eye-pleasing vintage style from the hundreds available.

I highly recommend fitting blinkers for safety, particularly as you are such a slow truck and fast approaching vehicles may not realise you are turning without them

Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185685 by Austin rat
Cheers Lang
Your right about the slow thing
I was going for a striped back look but I suppose I should stop people from messing up there car on the back of my truck

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #185738 by mammoth
++++++Real pommy mild steel guards (the poms call them 'wings') are still available. They are made by Albert Jaggar Ltd and come in a range of radii and widths with a rolled edge all the way round. They can be bought through UES International who have a branch in Adelaide. UES have been reluctant to import small numbers so the idea is to get a bunch of people together to make up a bigger order. Slow Speed did that for us in 2014 through the Melbourne branch. They weren't listed on the Jaggar website but I did see a leaflet. I have previously ordered through the Sydney UES branch. They come as bare steel so need to be painted asap to avoid rust. And they are not expensive at all.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by mammoth.

More
6 years 8 months ago #186016 by ABCJOHN
Hi Bob & Claire,

Can you send me a PM with your phone number, I have some new round guards from the UK that were 70's vintage, they have a gentle roll in them but I can send you some pics and dimensions.

John

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #186124 by Claire
Well, unlike Fill, I've taken a chance and bashed on with my brake rebuild this weekend and I'm hoping that all the new flexible hoses connections will match up with my old copper and brass without too much trouble.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Sarge.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #186134 by BillyP
Mate , you are to be congratulated on the work you are doing.............
However , is using copper pipe for the braking system OK..........
Not sure on the legality of it these days..........just a thought...............
...........................Billy..................................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by BillyP.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
6 years 8 months ago #186161 by BillyP
.Oops..........I see by Fills site , this has already been discussed at length.......sorry about that...............
..........................Billy...........................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
6 years 8 months ago #186162 by Claire
Yes, I know where your coming from Billy, but the other chain of thought is that it only needs to be in good working condition if it is original to the vehicle, however I would be allowed to upgrade it for safety issues, without having to undergo an inspection if I wished, but I'm hoping that the resleeve culinders and relined shoes will have done the job, as the pipes all look good. I'll let you know after I get to the bottom of the hill though :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP

More
6 years 8 months ago #186203 by Fill
Hi Claire
The bends look good, well done. Did you replace the compression nuts, on the tees?
Keep up the good work.
Cheers Fill.

More
6 years 8 months ago #186236 by Claire
Hi Fill,
No its all as it was when it was stripped down.
I've just soaked them in the parts cleaning back and then a bit of wire wool, elbow grease & metal cleaner to get a clean finish.
Examined all flares and the reassembled.
Haven't filled or bleed the system yet, that's next Wednesday job when on rest days.
Ill update you after that done :-)
Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fill

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds